EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Frames per Second and Motion Blur

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

Frames per Second and Motion Blur Empty
PostSubject: Frames per Second and Motion Blur   Frames per Second and Motion Blur Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 2:42 pm

Frames-per-second. Motion blur. They're terms you're probably familiar with if you've ever tinkered with game settings or rendering a project. But have you ever wondered how they actually work and what a 60 fps has more/less from a 23.97 standard framerate?

Some backround first:
The human visual system can process 10 to 12 separate images per second, perceiving them individually. Early silent films had a frame rate from 14 to 24 FPS which was enough for the sense of motion, but it was perceived as jerky motion. Thomas Edison said that 46 frames per second was the minimum requirement in order not to stress the eye.
Spoiler:

Basic types of frame rate:
There are three main frame rate standards in the TV and digital cinema business: 24p(23.970), 25p, and 30p. However, more of the are used such as 50p/60p and 72p progressive format up to the point of 300 FPS
Spoiler:

Now a bit about motion blur:
In computer animation (2D or 3D) it is computer simulation in time and/or on each frame that the 3D rendering/animation is being made with real video camera during its fast motion or fast motion of "cinematized" objects or to make it look more natural or smoother. In 2D computer graphics, motion blur is an artistic filter that converts the digital image in order to simulate the effect. Many graphical software products (e.g. Adobe Photoshop/After Effects, Sony Vegas -through plug-ins- or GIMP) offer simple motion blur filters.
There are some negatives though in its use as it can obscure the exact position of an object in slow motion.
Spoiler:

Here is a usefull app that you can play with the parameters yourself to see the connection these 2 have.
You can also see the connection of natural motion blur and low and fps'

Hope this clears things a bit
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Frames per Second and Motion Blur   Frames per Second and Motion Blur Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 3:20 pm

motion blur reminds me of the unwanted result I get when I don't disable the resample. So that resample thingy is actually motion blur o_O ? why does it disturb my vids so bad unlike the after effects motion blur?
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

PostSubject: Re: Frames per Second and Motion Blur   Frames per Second and Motion Blur Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:17 pm

Resampling is another thing. Its when you have a video of frame rate 23 for example and you render in 25, the program automatically generates some frames inside to cover the difference thus you get this annoying frame blending/ghosting :)

Resampling is needed whenever frames need to be synthesized due to mismatched frame rates. If you did not resample, all you could do is drop frames which may cause jerky motion or duplicate frames which would cause stuttering. Resampling creates new frames that never existed by blending two frames to create the in-between frame that is needed for smooth playback.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Frames per Second and Motion Blur   Frames per Second and Motion Blur Icon_minitimeTue Jun 11, 2013 4:37 pm

I see. Arigatou invisibru dude *^* never thought there is ever going to be a day where I find out that there is an actual use for resampling Lol
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frames per Second and Motion Blur   Frames per Second and Motion Blur Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frames per Second and Motion Blur
Page 1 of 1