EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage

Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Empty
PostSubject: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:30 pm

I was playing with some animating features in AE today and I found a really cool way to mask stuff really quick. Basically, you import your footage in AE, make sure there is no ghosting (in vegas it's the disable re-sample setting) and then import to animate that clip in Mocha AE (bullt-in plugin for AE CS5+). Then you mask the last frame and hit *Track backwards*. It should mask the rest of the clip automatically.

Now go back to the first frame and check if the mask is perfect, if it's not then fix it (it maybe isnt perfect for a cm or two) and that should fix the rest of the frames too.
Now export Shape date and copy to clipboard.

Close Mocha, select your clip and go to Edit>Paste. Voila! Automatic masking in AE !
Just make sure the first mask you make is perfect because if it isn't, then the rest of the clip won't be either.

Here's a small example of what i'm talking about:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The vid is not for nooby AE/mocha users because it goes really fast and doesn't explain anything and my tutorial as well because I'm really lazy to explain step by step so all you n00biz out there mask frame by frame!
I tired it on 5 different scenes and it worked perfectly.. Peace!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 2:31 pm

oh yeah damn i forgot about the part where you track the area.. just watch the tut n00bz
Back to top Go down
UniqueDazZzle

UniqueDazZzle

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 4:33 pm

This is pretty awesome way to mask, better that rotobrush too :P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/UDZAMV

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:40 pm

it may seem quite tedious if you're new in AE but it's pretty damn easy too .
Back to top Go down
UniqueDazZzle

UniqueDazZzle

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:49 pm

I have already made a mask with it :D
took me around 5-10 min
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/UDZAMV

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 7:57 pm

my first mask took me that much. now ive gotten pretty fast-already masked 15-20 scenes
there are plenty of settings and workarounds i discovered in mocha to make the masks perfect. I'll post them later :3
Back to top Go down
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:07 pm

After effects,yyy so advaaanced

can't wait to see the time you learn the edit button though
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitimeTue Aug 13, 2013 8:24 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE    Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Perfect Automatic Masking (Not Frame by Frame) - ADVANCED AE
Page 1 of 1