EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Certain Files Crashing Vegas

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TheUzumakiAnimations

TheUzumakiAnimations

Certain Files Crashing Vegas Empty
PostSubject: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:00 pm

So after i hear about the conversion technique from you guys, the one that takes seconds i've been trying to use those clips, however, everytime i try, they don't work and vegas crashes. Anyone have any ideas as to why?
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:10 pm

Yes, because apparently your source mkv file must be 10bit, and sony vegas does not recognize that. Therefore you must encode it to 8 bit before muxing. You can refer to this tutorial by InvisibleBlack for the encoding method: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or if you want 1 software that does fast muxing + encoding you can refer to this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] To encode you must double click the video icon on the icons tab bellow and click "encode" then save.
In any case I recommend you check your sources and make sure to get 8bit files because encoding takes so much time (if you don't have my super amazing awesome sexeh PC haha)
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Crookz

Crookz

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:37 pm

10bit to 8bit usually fixes green screen issue.
but I'm sure that its usually to do with the certain file or you codecs, which I'm not able to help with much sorry
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
TheUzumakiAnimations

TheUzumakiAnimations

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 9:42 pm

995Gabber wrote:
Yes, because apparently your source mkv file must be 10bit, and sony vegas does not recognize that. Therefore you must encode it to 8 bit before muxing. You can refer to this tutorial by InvisibleBlack for the encoding method: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Or if you want 1 software that does fast muxing + encoding you can refer to this: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] To encode you must double click the video icon on the icons tab bellow and click "encode" then save.
In any case I recommend you check your sources and make sure to get 8bit files because encoding takes so much time (if you don't have my super amazing awesome sexeh PC haha)

oooo, such pro info. Thnxs :D will check both links
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 06, 2013 10:00 pm

Crookz wrote:
but I'm sure that its usually to do with the certain file or you codecs, which I'm not able to help with much sorry
My vegas doesn't get any greenscreens. it crashes instantly and encoding fixes it.
Back to top Go down
TheUzumakiAnimations

TheUzumakiAnimations

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:20 am

995Gabber wrote:
Crookz wrote:
My vegas doesn't get any greenscreens. it crashes instantly and encoding fixes it.
same, crashes evry tim
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 12:50 am

Have you tried re-installing Vegas? A codec may not be properly installed.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeSat Dec 07, 2013 2:20 am

what? it still crashes after encoding?
Back to top Go down
TheUzumakiAnimations

TheUzumakiAnimations

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:10 pm

995Gabber wrote:
what? it still crashes after encoding?

well what i said about crahin was b4 i got the tips, but there is times in which the muxing thingymagig dont work, and it does crash :/
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 9:58 pm

hmm yes the software has issues which I never had time to explore haha, I shall do so sometime in the future tho
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Certain Files Crashing Vegas   Certain Files Crashing Vegas Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Certain Files Crashing Vegas
Page 1 of 1