EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi

Go down 
+14
GreekAniManiac
h41701
OwnedDaLekos
psolontoufeko
tyym21
Louftos
[madaraxD]
ZI9RQ7
Ports
MrPaixtaras13
Crookz
TrafalgarLaw7
Ror0noaZoRo
MrPampouks
18 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Empty
PostSubject: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:33 pm

Well this is a tutorial on how to get your video from .mkv to a type that can be imported in Vegas and start editing like crazy XD

First of all .mkv format is like a box, like a container (as maik said) it just encloses all the files in a new format. What's the advantage of it? Well you can simply take the video-audio-subs out of it and then mux it into anything you want! Then you are able to import the muxed file into Vegas and start editing :)

So, in order to do the above you must first download some files:

1. MKVToolnix - Direct download - Website

2. MKVEXtractGUI - Direct download - Website

3. Download depending on what you want to convert it into

• My MP4Box GUI (if you want it as an .mp4) - Direct Download - Website
  • AVC2AVI GUI (if you want it as an .avi) - Direct download - Website

Now it's time for some boring action XD

1. Install mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.5.0-setup.exe

2. Unrar MKVExtractGUI-2.2.2.9.zip

3. Copy files from extracted MKVExtractGUI-2.2.2.9.zip and paste them into mkvtoolnix-unicode-5.5.0-setup.exe folder (which is probably inside your Program Files)
Your folder should look like this:
How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Toolnixfolder

4. Install either My MP4BOX GUI or AVC2AVI GUI

Well the REAL action begins now :D

1. Open MKVExtractGUI2.exe (it should be in here C:\Program Files (x86)\MKVToolNix) *ignore (x86) if you are 32bit-OS user*
How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Mkvextractgui

2. Click on "Input File" and choose the .mkv file you want

3. After you choose the .mkv file you will see a list of the contents of the .mkv file

4. Now you have to choose which tracks you want to get (i always extract both video and audio file in case i need to put a voiceover in my vid)

5. Press "extract" button and wait till it's over

6. When it is finished you will see a text "Extracted OK." at the bottom left corner

Now you are finished with extracting, time for a little muxing :D

Open either AVC2AVI or My MP4BOX GUI (the one you chose to download)

• My MP4BOX GUI:

1. This is the program's interface

2. Click "Add" button

3. Add the files that you extracted before

4. Click on "Save As", then click on "Mux"

5. Wait for it to finish muxing

Now GO EDIT IN VEGAS :D  :lol!:  :lol!:

• AVC2AVI:

1. This is the program's interface
    How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Avc2avi_1181

2. Click "..." button
    How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi 51667964

3. Add the files that you extracted before (change the visible files option to "View All", there is a possibility that .h264 will not be shown, don't know yet why that happens :/ )
    How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi 69563877

4. Chose your fps settings (the other option should stay as it is .h264), then click on "Mux"
    How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi 65369168

5. Wait for it to finish muxing (you will get a popup window when muxing is finished)
    How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi 18919949

Now GO EDIT IN VEGAS :D  :lol!:  :lol!:

*Comment posted about AVC2AVI: Pretty simple program to use and hasn't failed during the conversion process.

The GUI isn't that user-friendly and it took some research to determine that this program requires .NET Framework 2.0 (description updated by the moderator).

And it has to be .NET Framework 2.0: I tried .NET Framework 4.0 and the program gave me an application error.

There's no progress meter or anything, so you'll probably need to monitor things via the Task Manager, although you do get a popup indicator when the job does finish.

Overall, it works and gets the job done.
*if any link is broken or if you have any questions comment here or send me pm on youtube*

Last edited by MrPampouks on Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:31 pm; edited 15 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 7:38 pm

nice send it to paixtara plz XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.ror0noazoro.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:10 pm

This is all just plain weird.
Download this program here, fast conversion (about 3 minutes for 720p episode ) and easy to manage.
The problem is that it doesn't work for files with double audio channel (One Piece started encoding these after episode 458 but it works for all other animes I've tried it on). So just download this program here which works under all conditions. People whine because it's too slow but there are settings to cut the conversion duration by half :
After selecting the file you wish to convert and the its future output folder, select ''Web optimized'' under the Output settings. Then go to the ''Advanced'' tab and change the ''Reference Frames'' from 2 to 4. Done.
Those are the easiest and fastest ways to convert .mkv files I've ever known. They never disappointed me.
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:13 pm

Lethasson wrote:
Download this program here, fast conversion (about 3 minutes for 720p episode ) and easy to manage.
The problem is that it doesn't work for files with double audio channel (One Piece started encoding these after episode 458 but it works for all other animes I've tried it on). So just download this program here which works under all conditions. People whine because it's too slow but there are settings to cut the conversion duration by half :
After selecting the file you wish to convert and the its future output folder, select ''Web optimized'' under the Output settings. Then go to the ''Advanced'' tab and change the ''Reference Frames'' from 2 to 4. Done.
Those are the easiest and fastest ways to convert .mkv files I've ever known. They never disappointed me.
well if you want to make a tutorial about converting then make a new topic :) and let me finish my tutorial about this way of "converting" :)

Last edited by Pampouks on Tue May 08, 2012 8:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:15 pm

this is the best way to get avi mp4 out of mkv files cause you dont lose any quallity while having the same file size
Back to top Go down
http://www.ror0noazoro.weebly.com
TrafalgarLaw7

TrafalgarLaw7

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:15 pm

Pampouks wrote:
Lethasson wrote:
well if you want to make a tutorial about converting then make a new topic :) and let me finish my tutorial about this way of "converting" :)

*tutorial is currently being edited*

Now we will all sub you and you can sleep peacefully coz everyone will use this way. Humanity hanks you for ur contribution so world becomes a better place.
Back to top Go down
Crookz

Crookz

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 8:17 pm

I just recently done this and I feel like a kid in a toyshop ^_^
I have so many episodes I can download now that I can just find MKV files

god bless MKVExctactGUI-2
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
MrPaixtaras13

MrPaixtaras13

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:15 pm

Haha Finally...Now i can finish My amv easier..
Back to top Go down
Ports

PostSubject: thanks   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 10:24 pm

THANKS BRO *-*
Back to top Go down
ZI9RQ7

ZI9RQ7

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 12:38 am

nice tutorial bro,now make one for torrents and how to download them! xDDD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZI9RQ7?feature=mhee
[madaraxD]

[madaraxD]

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeWed May 09, 2012 4:49 am

Nice tuto, i usually use mkvmerguegui +avysinth and vdub for convert it in losseles, but this looks interesting too
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/oOomadaraxDoOo
Louftos

Louftos

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeSat May 12, 2012 9:39 pm

About time, someone submited a tutorial! Now I don't have to say the same thing over and over again.
Bravo man :afro:
Back to top Go down
tyym21

tyym21

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 12:06 am

realy needed this tutorial thanks :)
Back to top Go down
psolontoufeko

psolontoufeko

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 1:01 am

thanks a lot!!xD
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:56 pm

avc2avi gui tutorial will be added tommorow :)
Back to top Go down
OwnedDaLekos

OwnedDaLekos

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:05 pm

my computer doesn't open the mp4box GUI...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/OwnedDaLekos/400627679949615
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:16 pm

OwnedDaLekos wrote:
try running it as Admin
if the problem continues contact me on msn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
Back to top Go down
OwnedDaLekos

OwnedDaLekos

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeWed May 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Pampouks wrote:
OwnedDaLekos wrote:
try running it as Admin
if the problem continues contact me on msn [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
I send you request friend in msn i think , i'm not familiar with these things.. anyway plz msg me on hotmail... it still doesn't open :x
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/OwnedDaLekos/400627679949615

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:08 pm

Can we have a AVC2AVI GUI tutorial?
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeSun May 27, 2012 11:12 pm

Lethasson wrote:

oops completely forgot about it :poker face:
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeTue May 29, 2012 3:47 pm

Lethasson wrote:

U got it Mel. :D Just finished it but i wouldn't recommend it as there is a possibility that Vegas will not import the .avi files (if you're missing some codecs)

Anyway everybody before downloading check a comment that a user posted on the website:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
TrafalgarLaw7

TrafalgarLaw7

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeFri Jun 01, 2012 1:51 pm

Title should how to make mkv files compatible with Sony Vegas... Good Job though
Back to top Go down
h41701

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:31 pm

Πολυ καλο tutorial μπραβο σου αρχικα !!!εχω ενα προβλημα ομως ...κανω τη διαδικασια με το MKVextract GUI και με το MP4 Box GUI σε 2 επεισοδια που το κανα πετυχε ..μετα το κανα σε ενα αλλο επεισοδιο εκανε τη διαδικασια κανονικα εφτιαξε το βιντεο δηλαδη αλλα οταν πηγα να το βαλω στο vegas μου βγαζει μονο τη μπαρα του ηχου και οχι της εικονας (βιντεο) ..Ξερει καποιος να μου πει γιατι γινεται αυτο και τι να κανω ?ευχαριστω και παλι
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeThu Jun 21, 2012 6:32 pm

h41701 wrote:
Πολυ καλο tutorial μπραβο σου αρχικα !!!εχω ενα προβλημα ομως ...κανω τη διαδικασια με το MKVextract GUI και με το MP4 Box GUI σε 2 επεισοδια που το κανα πετυχε ..μετα το κανα σε ενα αλλο επεισοδιο εκανε τη διαδικασια κανονικα εφτιαξε το βιντεο δηλαδη αλλα οταν πηγα να το βαλω στο vegas μου βγαζει μονο τη μπαρα του ηχου και οχι της εικονας (βιντεο) ..Ξερει καποιος να μου πει γιατι γινεται αυτο και τι να κανω ?ευχαριστω και παλι

ston player sto paizei kanonika? dokimase na to 3anakaneis ;) alliws dwse m parapanw plhrofories
Back to top Go down
GreekAniManiac

GreekAniManiac

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:28 pm

εχω ενα προβλημα ρε παιδια...δεν μπορω να κανω extract παταω να μου τα βγαλει και δεν μου τα κοβει μηπως ξερετε τον λογω ...εχει γινει ΜΚV file
..αν μπορει καποιος να με βοηθησει :?: :oops:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi   How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How to turn a subbed .mkv into a sub-free .mp4 or .avi
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EllinesNakamaProductions Forums :: Editing :: Help Center - Requests :: Tutorials :: General Information-
Jump to: