EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Resolve Of A Samurai.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Lightning Arrow

Lightning Arrow

Resolve Of A Samurai. Empty
PostSubject: Resolve Of A Samurai.   Resolve Of A Samurai. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:00 am

Production:Ellines Nakama Productions

Editor : Lightning Arrow

Anime Used: Sword Of The Stranger

Song/Artist: This Time It's Different - Evans Blue

Contest Participated: None

Description: Just because Gab-chan wanted to review it~

Disclaimer:  'Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use'
-------------------------------------------------------
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Resolve Of A Samurai.   Resolve Of A Samurai. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:39 am

As you've been made aware. No sugarcoating, alright then lets go.

So despite the fact that this video showed me that you've got potential piled up. It was still a disaster, and that is not me being mean.
From the very beginning you manage to mess up the flow, and this is fatal because the music is still calm and it should be the easiest segment to have flow in. The 1st scene and the 2nd scene would never work together, and that is flow 101. When you have such a highly dynamic scene like the 1st one, not only do you not follow it with a static clip and add a zoom, but you don't use it as an opening scene to your video because it is almost impossible to keep up with such dynamics. To achieve flow you must put see that the motion of the clips work together in harmony, and one way to tell that it is not is if the one scene is zooming in so fast, and the other is zooming out even faster. However, from the 2nd scene until the moment where the beat dropped I'd say you did a fair job so bravo on that.
Now while a crossfade from the calm part to the action part is almost about the worst transition you can do, it is not the main drawback for when it comes to 0:23 till 0:51. You need to realize that you cannot treat a track with vocals as if these vocals don't exist, and what I mean is not lyric sync. The beat drops and is followed by an instrumental segment before the vocals start, and what you did was that you completely ignored the fact that there is a new sound that you must pay attention to while sync-ing. When vocals are there, mood sync becomes essential, but unfortunately I felt like you didn't even know there were vocals, and so 0:23-0:51 felt very underwhelming.
Good news is that the intensity of the video goes up 10 folds after this, and the beat/mood sync from 0:51 - 1:00 is good. However I do want to call out the zooms. You must do them weaker than that, and from 1:00 till 1:05 one cannot clearly see anything, and I'm pretty sure you are aware of that, but when you're aware that nothing can be seen, you do something about it.
Now from 1:05 till 1:30 is a prime example of how you should NOT try to edit, or at least not when you want to make a video that you'd want to upload to AMVnews afterwards. Because if I want to describe this style I'd say its chaos somehow emerging out of nothing, and that is meant not in a good way. The scenes are all over the place, the zooms are all over the place, the overlays are destructive and the glitch effect is delivering the final blow to the segment. RIP o mighty segment.
However you can wipe your tears as I bathe in them, because from 1:30 onwards comes the best part of the video, and the one that from it I saw the pack of potential. You can look back on this segment when you need a reference in the future, but do try to imagine it without these flares. They're not good.

Btw while the intro and outro barely is any of my concern, I'd still say that vcr look is ugly. You can change it if you want.
There, a review has been delivered, and I'll have more tears to bathe in now, but I do believe that you'll come back stronger than ever. Best of luck in future works.
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Lightning Arrow

Lightning Arrow

PostSubject: Re: Resolve Of A Samurai.   Resolve Of A Samurai. Icon_minitimeMon Sep 07, 2015 2:53 am

Thank you, Gab-chan, for the time you spend to type all of this shit :P
i could say that it's one of the most detailed reviews i ever read, and thank you for that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Resolve Of A Samurai.   Resolve Of A Samurai. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Resolve Of A Samurai.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EllinesNakamaProductions Forums :: Editing :: AMV Vault-
Jump to: