EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Changelling

Changelling

[Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Empty
PostSubject: [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)   [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Icon_minitimeWed Nov 04, 2015 12:35 pm

1st of all I need to make it clear that this video is not the big project I had announced earlier. Although I was set on finishing THAT full before anything, things have come up that forced me to change all the plans I had for 2015, and I now have to move to Germany (permanently) on the 18th of November instead of end of December.
With this sudden time shortage that hit me I wanted to give you guys in ENP something before my long hiatus, and I was between making my beta mep part in time for the 1st deadline, and making a full that I can actually finish before I get too busy, so I made the decision of doing a full instead.
Spoiler:

Anyway so on to the video presentation:
This video wasn't easy for me, as I am not good at doing anything but raw, but hey, there is a 1st time for everything right? I was between using this song (that I ended up using), and THIS SONG <<< as it had lyrics that go super well with my anime, but I really didn't feel like making a heavy concept-ish raw amv as my mood was in the gutter, and so I went with the easier song.

Production: Ellines Nakama
Author: Changelling
Anime: Rokka no Yuusha
Song: Set it Off - Kill the Lights
Download: https://mega.nz/#!edpF3JzI!QLd_4MEosdyR1M8lPysuY-hi5CxJrP86OOHVUtpAOPw

Spoiler:

I hope you enjoy, and feel more than just free to leave a critique, you'll find me receiving it with an open heart.

PS: Do I need to announce this? I don't know, but here goes nothing. So as I mentioned above, I'll be going on hiatus for a period. This means that I'll be so much less active in the forum, and maybe on skype too. I will still think about whether or not to lock the discussion threads I run. But I hope that the forum will remain active.
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
GearSix

GearSix

PostSubject: Re: [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)   [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Icon_minitimeThu Nov 05, 2015 10:02 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GearSixFX
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)   [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 8:53 pm

Thanks for the dedication.

Positives in this video?A lot!But who cares about those silly things...

The word experimentation is all over this project.I personally didn't like some stuff you tried out at least on one certain point throughout the video (TV pixelation effect thingy,scenes displayed as photos with white outline) but maybe it is because they were still not in their finalised form as far as editing technique is concerned.The zooms at some points(especially after the first half of the video) might have been a bit too much for raw editing although someone could dismiss this as personal taste.

I feel like some parts of the amv got more work than others,i find that it is evident and does not help with the flow of an amv.I know this was done in a small time window and wasnt that serious but i'd like to point out the fact.Also,feels like a lot of stuff in this video went super fast only to be static/super slow next second or filler 0.1 second scenes,which did hurt my eyes a bit.

Have fun in your hiatus,hope to see you soon. (wink wink)
[Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) 050c3a10
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)   [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:06 pm

Ok so definitely more innovative than some of your last works as this is the first time i am seeing you stray away from your love for raw editing
and doing some visually complex effects, they weren't too complex neither too subtle i thought they fitted the way you used them so well done,
maybe sometimes put without a reason but it is fine in the future you will probably learn to use them a lot more effectively over time.

The vid had nice flow and was easy to watch, nothing to eye straining, only thing i think was a bit off was some of your corner transitions with the camera movement,
dunno why maybe cause i thought they either needed some blur or just the speed or physics of the transition needed some work but still it wasn't bad enough to lower the
vid standards its just something to improve on.
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)   [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Icon_minitimeSat Nov 07, 2015 9:43 pm

Pieetrr Said:

Hey thanks a lot for the input, and indeed, the natural flow that I tend to try and execute in my works was neglected here because it was like I was editing my 1st AMV with how clueless I was.
Thank you, and if I do Fx next time they'll probably be better.

Dan said:
Thank you too :) and yes the Fx weren't complex at all, as everything was done in Vegas because I'm crazy like that. And there was in fact no point to any of the techniques aside from the very last scene Lol, so I bow my head in shame indeed.
I dislike a lot of the camera moves too, I limited myself with specific scenes and it backfired very badly.
Thanks for the valuable input Dan. Next fx attempt might (or might not) be better.

Also <4 Chris, I win.
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)   [Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Changelling] Kill Who? (Me! Hiatus time)
Page 1 of 1