EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

[DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Empty
PostSubject: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 04, 2015 12:29 am

[DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Maxres10

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/dboe8m47aaxn9jo/%5BDance%5D%5BDanParthenis%5D+-+%5BTrigonometric+Shift%5D.mp4
Anime: Various
Song: Conte Skrillex & Daft Punk Remix
Contest: Souls Team IC #11
Description: My IC entry. Info in description. I guessed I should post it here as it was for ST Ic.
Back to top Go down
ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 12:34 am

Well done on your placement Dan.
I enjoyed the video!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoroIttoryu16
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:22 am

ZoroIttoryu wrote:
Well done on your placement Dan.
I enjoyed the video!

Thank you very much aniki :) Appreciate it
Back to top Go down
potatotaco

potatotaco

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 1:38 am

I actually enjoyed the vid. some fx that didnt fit kinda ruined it tho, would've been better without some of them.
Its nice that you're trying different stuff tho.
Back to top Go down
AoNoFlameZ

AoNoFlameZ

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 3:41 am

You already know my opinion about this from my youtube comment.I want to add that you can change the colors each time you put the same scene cut in half etc, maybe it will improve this style.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AoNoFlamez?feature=mhee
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Mar 07, 2015 7:51 pm

that sounds like an interesting idea bro, I will try it thanks :)
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 6:08 pm

before I commence I just want to bring attention to this thing that confused me; where you said on youtube
DanParthenis wrote:
lol I have been doing these effects since long before Lolli's vid
Indicating that this is your thing, and that you know what you're doing. But then Aeon you claim
DanParthenis wrote:
this video was very experimental for me
So now I'm left wondering what exactly to believe.

That aside, lets move on.
The video starts with a logo (that looks suspiciously like Aeon's), and this logo is thrown on countless stages of the video, but in the end we get to realize that it has 0 significance. Now this is what I call "pretentious" in AMVs. From the logo onwards you put the scene of your main guy going to school, which does support your concept, but it doesn't look good at all with these cuts and velocity. The "girl who leapt through time" scene was flat out unneeded and did more harm than good since its sync wasn't nice, and the mood was totally off in the 1st place. Even the transition from your 1st anime to this one wasn't good. Also you went back to your 1st anime without there being any notable change in the song, and that is an imprudent thing to do when you want to keep the anime playing for so long.
Afterwards you start with your main video, which I cant touch too much since it looks the same on different stages and has the same issue of "just throw every scene on your hard-drive here", so you ended up with people watching the sky and then... goddamn Tokyo ghoul. Don't do that and let there be things in common between your clips. I also noticed an ugly slide at like the beginning of this part, remember that slides need colors that work together well.
Ending didn't annoy me at all. I think its a good move to slow down near the ending, but not in every case. At least here it was a good move.

Edit: Almost forgot about an important point I wanted to make. Your sync has issues, since you're doing like all of the small beats, but when the significant ones come you ignore them. An example would be 0:09, 0:16, 0:24 and so on.
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 6:25 pm

ok so basically yeah I have been doing this effect for ages and what I meant by experimental is that I tried using it in a lot more ways that ever previously since as you remember I used it in Re:Glitch but in Re:glitch it was mostly just vertical slits across the screen, here I tried a lot of diff angles :)

Now for the review thank you, I didn't realize that I wasn't hitting the most important beats which you mentioned at the end , so just so I understand what your saying further, your saying I need to have something happen on the main beats that actually points out their importance as they main beats ? like maybe a scene change? or are you saying I just didn't hit them well at all.

Then when you said about the logo, I honestly did not want it to look alike Aeon's logo I apologise if it did at the end, I spent the first couple of hours trying to design something original but I guess I need more work. Oh and I was trying to do something similar with this video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfSPI7O9y7c when I was having the triangle all around the vid like this guy had the sphere, I guess it didn't work XD I tried to make it significant as it all being in his exam paper and originally it was supposte to be a geometry exam at the end but it failed XP any ideas on how I could for future vids make sure it would be significant? cause i really struggled with it.

Then lastly my clip selection, please help me with this, I struggle cause the only way I can make my vid flow is by finding scenes that already have camera movement in the and that is what I usually depend on, hence why I am forced to use so many scenes and opening cause I can never take a still shot in an anime to make it flow in a fast action part, only by zooming out of it really fast but if I did that all the time It would get repetitive :/ I really need help with this, If I knew how to create my own movement well in still scenes i think that would stop me from needing to use so many fuck loads of anime sources

Thank you for the review aniki really found it useful. I will make sure to scratch my head around these issues on my next project

[DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Tumblr_lzyc2heHKd1qd0gyko1_500
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)   [DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[DanParthenis] Trigonometric Shift (01/03/2015)
Page 1 of 1