EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Hunter Kun

Hunter Kun

Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015) Empty
PostSubject: Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015)   Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015) Icon_minitimeMon Mar 09, 2015 3:47 pm

Hello Guys here's my second amv i ever made xD  Enjoy subscribe/like/comment

if u have any comments negative/positive just post PS: ty a lot to Forum team for helping me rendering the video!
Back to top Go down
Schrod7

Schrod7

PostSubject: Re: Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015)   Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 8:20 pm

Since you are new to editing, I will try to focus on your shortcomings so you can improve in the future (according to my editing standards anyway xD). Know that overall your video had potential, but technical mistakes here and there took their toll. It was exciting and dragged at the same time. For a 2nd AMV, such a thing is understandable and I would say that overall, your video is average. I like Katanagatari though, so I enjoyed it nevertheless, decent anime selection right there Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015) 3598429073

You tried to cover the whole Katanagatari story in your AMV, and you did it. However, you must have realised that you weren't fair with the scene distribution. You showcased in extreme detail some of the first swords and the rest were just a brief slideshow before the climax. I guess you took your time editing with the first episodes, but suddenly realised that the song was halfway done and rushed through the rest until the finale. The slideshow itself wasn't that bad -or a bad idea to sum the story up-, but compared to the longer clips of the other swords, it just feels unbalanced. Next time, plan beforehand a fairly distributed editing plan before you undertake such a heavy project.  

Fastforwarding the entire fight scene of the third sword makes it look like you were bored -even though you propably weren't-. The correct attitude for an editor would be: filter the scenes, then use only the best clips. Or else, people would just watch the episode muted with some added music and noone would need our videos. Same thing at the end. Cheerio's death takes way too much time, you must have used almost the entire scene from the anime with many fast cuts. Try using less scenes to cover each topic, this will add more impact to them, especially if you sync them with the beats.

Also generally, you should pace the video according to the song. 4:22 and after, the beat style changes like 3-4 times but during the entire fight, you keep using the same editing pattern, many cuts and some flashbacks with Cheerio girl. You should adapt to the song more, because even if your concept is amazing, after a long period of time it will surely become tiring for the viewer. And as both viewer and fellow editor, I can say that even though I liked the idea and believe that you used great scenes as flashbacks, the sole fact that so many song alterations were ignored turned me off severely. It still was my favourite part of the AMV though.

I hope you found this review helpful and that you will create more videos in the future.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jamlaks
Hunter Kun

Hunter Kun

PostSubject: Re: Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015)   Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015) Icon_minitimeTue Mar 10, 2015 9:06 pm

Hei xDD thanks for the review>:) and yes u have right in all points and i knew after i wached the video bu i kinda just wanted to finish it fast cuz i don't like anime's where some1 die and i just wanted to finish it :( and yeh the last part with Cherrio it was full scene cuz i love that part too much :( and about the sync i'm a litle disspaointed on me cuz i didn't adapted the fight to the song:( thx again :0 i hope next one will fullfill all of your expectations
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015)   Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Katanagatari-Amv/asmv Hunter Kun (03/09/2015)
Page 1 of 1