EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
TheDennFire

TheDennFire

You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Empty
PostSubject: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:06 pm

Hi everyone just for a heads up this will be a long topic/message about how i feel about editing and why the lack of videos from me over the recent months. your probably asking why im even putting it in the help center, well its because i'd like someone to speak their mind about this and maybe help me back in some old editing of mine or maybe even guide me towards a new brighter route of editing with more videos.

I apoligize ahead for spelling mistakes or that fact most of you will be lost and confused already after the first 3 sentences thanks to my "way of talking" best way i can explaine what i want to say. I might also go off topic and maybe even leave out a point i tend to do so im sorry if i have ended up diong that before handed.

Part 1: Lack of videos

I i think ill start here, about what went on for the reason of my lack of videos over the past months, one of the things that made me edit less was that before i knew it my GF got obsessed with DMO[Digimon Master Online] after trying it out, because of that i regain a lot of motivation for playing the game a lot with her which i still do up to 10 hours straight if we ffeel up for it but also when i started lacking in making videos was about 3-2 months before the summer vacation. Talk about the first exam in 8 years had started on my collage and its a little special collage im in cuz we was a mix of students who been there for up to 3 years and some like me only 33 weeks. when my teacher ask if i was ready and wanted to try take the exam along with the 3 other students who been there for 2+ years and had a lot more knowledge then me i said, sure. after that i suddenly had a lot to look to studying hard to make sure i'd pass the exam. [to those who dont know i was studying computers for It-suppoter] studying a lot for that still having fun doing it thought i lost myself in it and thought less and less about editing and closing into the exam my mom had convinced my dad to pay me a driving lisence when i started learning to drive then also having my mind on that a lot,new as it was for me also and worrying all the time about the theory exam i had to pass cuz i always would have so many mistakes in my "test" theory exam i forgot even more about editing unconciously as driving lisence and exam progressed closer i just lost more and more thoughts for editing and as the summer vacation started i spent the first month with my GF far away from my pc and even longer away from the editing. dispite all this i've found a way to enjoy editing again by having my screen shared so my GF can see it, its rather fun but there is just one thing thought which been a "pleague" for me, for a very long time whcih ill talk about in part 2.

Part 2: What editing is and was to me

in the very beggining edit for me was new and very interresting and as everything is ever is when its like that it would always take all your time everyday, for as long you could do it, editing right after school working on new projects everyday it was fun and so i stayed for some good long time with a few up and downs, as always since i started editing i would always keep shifiting the animes i edit with cuz my ideas just runs in like waves and still do i just always had this minor problem with myself. The lack of creativity, i've really never seen myself as a creative person and one of those problems shines through in my amvs. when i make amvs its no secret that scene selection, effects at times even anime is all RANDOMLY picked at time of the moment. I always look at videos and see how well lots of different scenes are put together into a long nice amv witha story, matched with the beats of the songs and the scene selection is fitting quiet will with the vocals and the effects matches in. I just have the problem that i can listen to a song and start an amv and i can have the generel idea of the story of the amv but mixing the good scenes together and using nice effects and not making it repedetive editing for 5min. I really i dont have that, i import a song or mep part or something i look at it and 95% of the time, i think to myself "what the hell can i make with this" i really do like longer amvs with a story thats what i started with my editing but as my horizont of editors grew more and more and saw more and more amvs i just grew to give up on longer amvs and try out stuff like short random scenes of action it went pretty well okay nothign major special but after time i grew tired of the editing cuz it requiered so much time on putting the same effects on over and over. This has become really long so ill try finish this up now. So now editing right now for me is fun yes, but i get frustrated and yes i also get sad at myself cuz i cant really think up any awesome effects and scenes when doing videos also that timing vocals with scenes. I do also "challange" myself a lot if you could say so by constantly using a new anime and usually animes that aint know for their best animations which makes it even more diffucult for me to like and use the scenes in case.

Part 3: Right Now

This is the explination of why there still be lack of videos for time being beside the fact about how i feel with editing whcih i tried explained has good as possible in part 2. Well as of right now i've finished my 2nd collage education and is without school and work and trying to find job which is pretty much impossible and having to look for jobs and find something to do makes the everyday kinda messed up and untill i've establised either a 3rd college education or found work and scheduled in my life where and when is best tiem for editing ill be inactive to a surden extend.

Part 4: You

As i said i have hoep someone coudl guide me on a right path on how to get back into my editing or maybe even give a pointer into a whole new editing path, i do have a few questions that it'd like you answer if you want to share with me.

Have you ever experienced being the situation of not knowing how to editing a song at all and what did you do figure out how to do it ?
What makes editing the most fun for you?
when you want to make a amv with a story, how do you figure out what way youll go withe the scenes order?
Do you follow the epidoes exactly or try follwo the vocals of the song or little mix of both ?

if you have anything you'd like to share im all ears and listning and thanks for reading all of this :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DennEvolution
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Empty
PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:53 pm

1 wrote:
Have you ever experienced being the situation of not knowing how to editing a song at all and what did you do figure out how to do it ?

Of course and it was not far back in time :) [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] check this mep part.. i really don't know how i ended up editing that part of the song.. when i listened to it i said: "Dafuq? how am i gonna edit that? what should i do?" i mean there are no lyrics to follow.. no melody to try match the video with... How did i manage to edit it? Well i asked Zi9Rq7 what should i do.. and his answer: Throw random scenes, a hell of a lot effects and you're done

Well i couldn't do it.. i am not the type of random amvs..i needed a story but with that song nothing came up.. so i tried to find a fitting anime (ended up on HOTD) i was going to use the scenes from HOTD OVA (yy those ecchi scenes xD) but when i previewed the whole OVA i decided to use some action scenes.. i ended up using those ones and the result was nice i can say :P

If you are having same problems ask your friends how do they imagine that song being the audio footage of an amv ;)

2 wrote:
What makes editing the most fun for you?

Well editing is not fun for me :) Of course i enjoy editing but i don't see it as something that i can have fun with :P It depends on the song you edit though..
But i can say that i am having fun when i edit One Piece (especially old episodes) coz when i am on the stage of scene choice i usually get carried away and watch the whole episodes again and again and older episodes have a lot of funny moments xD

3 wrote:
when you want to make a amv with a story, how do you figure out what way youll go withe the scenes order?

When it comes to story amvs i decide what the scenes' order will be by listening to the song many times, thinking of what i want to show to the viewers and finding the best solution taking into account that i should not get "off" of the anime's own storyline. I mean that i don't want to put a scene of luffy kicking Lucci with Gear Second and then the next scene Luffy kicking Arlong..if there is no other way i'll try to make it look like a flashback :)

4 wrote:
Do you follow the epidoes exactly or try follwo the vocals of the song or little mix of both ?

I usually try to get the best mix of those two :) I had an argument with Law about that.. when i chose a song to edit i want to find the scenes that will follow both the lyrics and the melodie of the song. I can't chose a song that has dramatic melodie (and semi-dramatic lyrics) and choose a scene where luffy is happy... i am gonna use scenes that match the song.. first that then the storyline of the anime on its own. (if i want to follow the anime's own storyline but scenes do not match the music then that's what effects are for ;) )
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:25 pm

MrPampouks wrote:
and his answer: Throw random scenes, a hell of a lot effects and you're done
ahahahahaha

MrPampouks wrote:
Well editing is not fun for me :)

why do you edit then O_O
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 3:28 pm

Lethasson wrote:

MrPampouks wrote:
Well editing is not fun for me :)

why do you edit then O_O

i edit because i like it ;) i love video and image editing :P plus, the amvs i make and will make will be in order to convince people to watch the anime that will be shown :) that's my goal! (at least that's what i want my goal to be :P)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 4:26 pm

Very interesting post Denn and welcome back.....

about Part 2....i know that feeling bro.I am actually at the same place, i am really frustrated by the lack of imagination and creativity that i got .I really don't wanna edit anything cause i know that whatever i edit will be the same thing.I don't enjoy watching amvs anymore cause 90% are things that i ve seen countless times...

now about your questions

1.Have you ever experienced being the situation of not knowing how to editing a song at all and what did you do figure out how to do it ?

Well , i experienced this twice, the first time was when i started editting (like 4 months, had just downloaded sony vegas) and i joined my first production , a noob back then i didn't know how to edit at all and i was really synchronising with the lyrics and the song was this one CLICK HERE , easy right??I know, but i couldn't edit at all, so i didn't make my part (sorry old leader) . The second one was a dubstep song which i really failed CLICK HERE so if you really really can't do a part, i suppose that you either decide not to do it or decide to do it but fail it (we are always talking about a MEP right? cause if it's just a single project you can just drop it)

2.What makes editing the most fun for you?

The creativity , that's what makes it fun , creating something and putting work and effort on it.And that's why i am frustrated so much with the lack of it i have and definetely the most fun about editting to me is when you finnaly finish your project and just stay there , you watch it and you really enjoy it.That happened with only 2 of my videos.

3.when you want to make an amv with a story, how do you figure out what way youll go withe the scenes order?

I never made an amv with a story...even though in my diamond eyes video i tried to follow the story line of the anime and i really had an idea in my head, at some point i really couldn't do otherwise but mix it a little bit but i still think the result was good. and i tried to make somekind of story in this video CLICK HERE but i only thought of the beginning and ending of it and random memories and things that straw hats gone through in the middle...

4.Do you follow the epidoes exactly or try follwo the vocals of the song or little mix of both ?

I NEVER i mean NEVER try to synchronise with the vocals. I don't think it feets very well and it's not good to the viewers eyes and ears cause they can't really follow it except you lip sync with the anime characters or show scenes that do the same thing as the vocals say. The only time i might follow the vocals in a song is cause there is no beat or the beats are extremely weak....actually now that i re-read your question i am not sure about what you are asking.What do you mean follow the episodse exactly or follow the vocals?? You mean making a story that follows what the vocals of the song say or follow the storyline of the anime??Then i don't know, it depends on what you want to do, i've done the second one...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:05 pm

sajijijfiasfmaskfmkasmfa

i wrote a reply internet went of and after send i lost it...

grrrrrrrrr fiuck all the gods and priest there are and play with their balls all day.,......ds.fksmdf

anyways

flame ends here
-----------------------------

1find song and think what anime fits the lyrics (must not be 100% fit just some keywords are what you need)
2.plan the story in your head (like at this point this will happen and at this point that.)
3.see if the idea is possible to make with the source you have
4.edit the song from start to the end BECAUSE you lose interest after editing all the good part of the song when only the lamer ones are left and you drop the project in the end.
5try to add something original( effect,storyline or simple some mix of scenes never used in that way before)
6NEVER START OTHER PROJECT BEFORE YOU FINISH THE ONE YOU ARE DOING. force your self to end the amv if you have an other good idea.(say to yourself "i got to finish this cause i really want to start that other song")

my editing progress is like this

plan
scene choise and clean up
edit
render
refine(beta test)
final render

i started working like this from i cant wait and after and i really never got bored or droped a project since then you simply got to plan the video good before you start it dont just go for it cause you like the song,...

Detailed EXAMPLE:
--------------------

Spoiler:

i heard the song i saw the scenes and i said i want to do a strory about 3 hunters on their mission to find that laxus guy
wendy the girl wasnt in the fight so i saw first if it was possible to fit her in and it was
then i planed

introduction:11-30
hunt 31-58
closer to the target 59- 1:00
the storm begins at 1:04 and will end at 1:17
fight intro and small fight
1:35 - 1:45 the gathering
fight until 2:02 where the final attacks will start..

i edited this knowing exactly what i will do
therefore i didnt even think about droping this one
even if it was hard to do all this masks cause i knew there
was a reason for it and i wansnt simply randomly adding effects :)

hope i helped you see you around-
---------------------------------------------
fffffffffffffffffffff wrote this 2 times... :fuckkkk:
Back to top Go down
http://www.ror0noazoro.weebly.com

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:32 pm

Ror0noaZoRo wrote:
1find song and think what anime fits the lyrics (must not be 100% fit just some keywords are what you need)
2.plan the story in your head (like at this point this will happen and at this point that.)
3.see if the idea is possible to make with the source you have
4.edit the song from start to the end BECAUSE you lose interest after editing all the good part of the song when only the lamer ones are left and you drop the project in the end.
5try to add something original( effect,storyline or simple some mix of scenes never used in that way before)
6NEVER START OTHER PROJECT BEFORE YOU FINISH THE ONE YOU ARE DOING. force your self to end the amv if you have an other good idea.(say to yourself "i got to finish this cause i really want to start that other song")

my editing progress is like this

plan
scene choise and clean up
edit
render
refine(beta test)
final render

this is EXACTLY how i edit (except that i do at least 5 betas and there are always faults and things id change in the final upload :p). and to think we use different styles.
damn you konoyaro, uncovering and exposing the secrets of my editing
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 10:43 pm

hahaha...while i was writing my post i kept copying it in case browser crashes or something like that.I always do that cause there were times that i was writing full paragraphs and i was missclicking in "x" or something and i was losing everything so now i am cautious :P

and yeah the way you do it is the best one but i can't really make it this way. I can't decide before i start the video about what i wanna do in every single point....I know i must learn how to but i can't at the moment
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:00 pm

nikos150 wrote:

and yeah the way you do it is the best one but i can't really make it this way. I can't decide before i start the video about what i wanna do in every single point....I know i must learn how to but i can't at the moment

neither could i at your level.. just take your time, atleast you have someone to show you :)
Back to top Go down
http://www.ror0noazoro.weebly.com
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 11:20 pm

Ror0noaZoRo wrote:
nikos150 wrote:

neither could i at your level.. just take your time, atleast you have someone to show you :)

Μου την λεει τερμα... xD (sorry can't translate that or say it in English)
Back to top Go down
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:06 am

Denn you know what's going on in your mind what is your problem and what is the solution to your problem(if there is one),i can't come up with a case scenario where we will solve this problem of yours,which is already solved
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:08 am

i guess im the only one who didnt read this extremely long post
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeSat Aug 04, 2012 12:13 am

Lethasson wrote:
i guess im the only one who didnt read this extremely long post

slacker
Back to top Go down
TheDennFire

TheDennFire

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 05, 2012 3:18 am

Thanks a lot for the answers guys i appriciate them and i have learn few things here i have never even considered before (maik) i will try make a full amv following this up :)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DennEvolution
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.   You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

You can teach me how to use blurs in 55 ways but never teach me your way of thinking.
Page 1 of 1