EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Motivation

Go down 
+4
Crookz
Changelling
TheDennFire
nikos150
8 posters
AuthorMessage
nikos150

nikos150

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:45 pm

Today i had (i think it is) a really nice idea for a topic....

What motivated you to start editting??What was the first video you 've watched??

Well for me it was a video from GIASEKANDO , it was one piece amv about water 7 with the song Thousand foot kruch - Phenomenon

This video doesn't exist anymore and tbh it wasn't such an impressive video but for me back then (like 3-4 years ago) it was so great and i just had finished watching water 7 arc which is one of the best arcs in one piece and this video excited me so much that i wanted to try myself even though i thought it's gonna be really hard cause of lack of episodes,programms and cause of my really bad laptop (yes the one i am using now)

So what about you??
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
TheDennFire

TheDennFire

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:46 pm

this was the video that got me into it after downloading it and rewatching it over and over I started experimenting on how to edit at all and before I knew it was editing.

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/DennEvolution
Changelling

Changelling

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:55 pm

Let's see. well it's safe to say that i was motivated by older editors' hardwork. i didn't quite know what an AMV was until i saw this vid here which blew me a yard off my screen

Since i was such a hardcore Air gear fan at that time (and still am) so i noticed how this video edited. to be honest i thought it was some kind of.... Magic! at 1st. i was re-watching this video everyday for about 20 times without getting bored. soon afterwards Fedebankai released AMV - All in one. and BAM! it became a big hit and i was shocked by how these editors are doing such Magical work. then when the great leader released his AMV "I Can't Wait" i was like "Alright! there is no doubt about it. these people are incredible! i wan't to do that too!!!" since i was ridiculously curious about the feeling these editors get when they have made such an incredible piece of art. So yes the Final touch to get me into editing was done by ENP, which is why i've grown so much interest in it ever since :)
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Crookz

Crookz

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:13 am

Nice topic, I think about this all the time.
I watched dbz, beyblade, pokemon, digimon... you know all that epic shit back in the 90s growing up. I tried one time to watch the 1st couple of episodes of naruto on youtube I think I found them, I heard a big hype around it and thought I'de take a look. I then dropped it after like 2-3 eps. HOWEVER!.. one day I was shopping with my girlfriend(ex as of now). and I came across some manga of naruto and was like :O epic shit man I use to love this shit. so I bought one. This is were I started getting back into anime in my older days. I've always been into the games and stuff so I thought why not read it.

Now as of editing, I can't remember too much. The videos I remember watching were things like this..

then this video made me watch my 1st anime (brs) in a very very long time, I think it was my 1st after all those younger days

but yh my editing days started off watching these editors like fedebankai and avatarkid. I then decided to download vegas, which was very hard to use at 1st, little things like were to download the anime from and stuff. but I thought I was very lucky because I started uploading bad vids and people commented, I got tips and I got talking to thebakanimationz, he was abit ahead of me in editing wise so he showed me some basics and was willing to help. this then put me on a path were I could develop myself.

I then noticed he was in a group called ENP. which he was very fond of, I then found this video...

This video amazed me and made me look into the studio in more depth.
I was getting slightly better with my editing and I thought I was more creative at the time, so I made an audition for this group. was in feb times I think, then 2 months later I had a message of maik telling me I was accepted.

which brought me to were I am today. if you've read all this thankyou and I hope to edit more soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:47 am

GiaSecando's vid was one of the videos that made me want to start editing also niko...For me it was an amv about luffy vs lucci with We are the future from stratovarius.

Also a friend of mine was watching amv's while I didnt know they even existed, he showed me some good amv's such as
and

they got me interested a bit(that was 4-5 years ago). Watched many amv's over these 4 years and then I found

which gave me the final thrust to start editing exactly 1 year ago :)

I've come also past of ZI9RQ7's vid and I learned about ENP.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
nikos150

nikos150

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 2:17 pm

Well i got to say i am in ENP thanks to pampouks cause he is the one who told me that i could apply in this forum.....I auditioned around 2,5 years ago but i wasn't accepted, well i sucked so it was fair
Back to top Go down
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 3:06 pm

nikos150 wrote:
Well i got to say i am in ENP thanks to pampouks cause he is the one who told me that i could apply in this forum.....I auditioned around 2,5 years ago but i wasn't accepted, well i sucked so it was fair
To be honest i didnt expect to get in with the first audition. It seems maik wanted an adc so desperately :P :lol!:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 8:54 pm

I was and am motivated from how an editor can surprise me with his work,how far away are his amv/technics/ideas from the beaten path.

Leeet's seee,a friend introduced me into anime and he was also an amv editor,after a plethora of amvs we finally came across the 1 AND A HAF minute amv that made me start editing.

Spoiler:

Nikos dispelled my doubts about ENP and "made me join"

I think he regrets it.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
Louftos

Louftos

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 12:40 am

I was just looking for a song I've heard on the internet, couldn't remember the name but I knew for sure the gerne.
Back then (2008) limewire was my friend and google was a misleading bitch. I typed the gerne, found some bands, youtube search... eventually I found some DBZ Linkin park AMVs, DBZ-GT with Shinedown, etc. Didn't find what I was looking for but I found some good songs.
AMVs was my primary song locator, but I was like what the hell is an amv? I was seeing amvs all over my favourite songs. I didn't know it was actually a thing that people do this for fun and get rewarded by nice comments. I was like I don't frr phhh care I just want my music dose so whatever. Then I came across DBZ- It's my life, one of xxtheshamanxx's videos. BTW back then his account was theshamanxxx for those who remember, like ...noone...
Anyway the music was good the video was great (for 2008) but this time it was different; the video was more well made, it was one of the first videos with good timing. It felt like the creator put his hurt on it. So I decided, well I want to know more about amvs so I clicked on theshamanxxx's name.
First thing I noticed omg WOW +1000 subs! Is this legal? The channel comments, man, so many. The bulletin message asdfasdfasdf.
Anyway I decided to watch some more of his work, some of them were one piece vids. I was like HOLY FUCK I was watching this when I was in elementary school, it wasn't called One piece in greek dub so there was no way I could find it. And man all these episodes available, I was like a kid on a toy store. Man, what a day it was. Well thanks, mah good shaman I think I'm gonna watch more of your vids. His vids were getting better and better as I was browsing, then I reached a point I was seeing sony vegas work with pan crops, blurs, fades. It felt awesome, but weird. It was like a new emotion. It was like an eagle shitting golden poo, flying over me and be like, yo look at my wings, look what how awesome and talented I am. My poo has more charisma than you. So be grateful you exist in the same era as me and open your mouth wide open.
Amazing first experience, followed by some one piece AND I found the song I was looking for; blow me away. 3 plus plus +
If this is an amv then I want to make some, I though. I realised how hard it was, made some, got some comments, 3-4 per video, I felt rewared regardless of the quantity. The fact that a random stranger actually watched my work AND comment was MINDBLOW.
I wanted more! Then I found out theshaman was in a group, I was like there are groups too, like... teams? Wow! I too want a team!
Then time passed by as I was making more vids, I was getting pretty much the same ammount of comments, almost no subs LOL. And I was like, someday I'll be like him, making awesome vids, having awesome teammates, enjoying what I do best to the fullest.
Then...
...I watched Jihaku-best of you
Words can't describe... that moment. That left a huuuuge impact on me.
Let's just say I took a break from amvs, from internet, from everything and came back as a different person.
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 3:05 am

Interesting stories people, i envy you :33

anyway for me, all started because of law... i was in Lorencia bar (GrudgeMU - MMORPG thingy) and was having a health potion when someone under the name Rob_Lucci7 passed by and called me "malakas" (google it if you don't already know what that means..) i was angry.. but then he told me he said it just to verify that i'm a greek guy (i was in a greek guild)... Having watched all "aired" One Piece episodes till then (back in 2008 i think) we started playing together, chatting on msn and stuff.. (yeah nikos... he was spoiling even back in 2008... he was reading the manga and kept on spoiling me every damn week!!!) then we found another interest we were sharing... our love for Galactik Football!! A "cartoon" that was aired in Netherlands and somehow we were both watching :P having talked a lot of hours about animes (mostly One Piece) he shared with me some of his videos. I told him that i also make-edit videos but have never tried with anime footage... and that was my first video! Law suggested that we make a collab with Galactik Football footage ^_^ having made that in 1 day.. and in a programm that was new for me (Pinnacle Ultimate Studio or sth like that, i wasn't using my laptop) our collab was finished :phttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f81RougSnF4

It's also thanks to him that i listen to this kind of music now... he showed me Breaking Benjamin and then ... i got addicted ^_^

About motivation for first video? don't know.. all those feelings i had when i found someone sharing the same interests as me.. back then animes were not "that" popular (especially in greece). (Not to mention about video editing)

A year passed until i complete a video again... mostly because of school and DotA (i was working on a full amv, my first full which was striked by youtube, but my bro formatted my laptop and all the project files were lost..)... i started editing again the next summer after the collab...that was because i was lacking an internet connection as well as being fascinated about bleach which i had just finished watching! created some betas.. law greeted me to new ENP people (zirq, sanji94) and suggested a collab (again). only me and zirq completed our parts (mine was a fail though...).

Crookz:

Up until summer 2011 i was not using Sony Vegas, neither WMM, i was using Magix Movie Edit "Pro". Anyway that's off topic (as well as most of what i wrote xD) It was thanks to zirq that i moved to Vegas and started "editing" for "real" :P

8 months after that, having met maik, louftos and other ENP members (as well as introducing nikos150 to them, yeah he joined before me.. :'( ) i finally entered enp! (thanks to Law, again) till now, i've been making amvs to show people how great some animes are! even though i rarely manage to get a good video... (in terms of editing) i'm happy with everything i have made.

as you can see it wasn't something like "i wanna do that too :D" but it was more something like "okay let's do it! :P" <--- and that's why i'm happy with everything i make coz i never looked up to anybody saying "i wanna do the same as this one!" but i always have been trying to have fun ;)

have fun reading that too:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
nikos150

nikos150

Motivation Empty
PostSubject: Re: Motivation   Motivation Icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 2:25 pm

really interesting stories :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Motivation Empty