EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Manga] Vagabond Review

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
UniqueDazZzle

UniqueDazZzle

[Manga] Vagabond Review  Empty
PostSubject: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 11:38 am

Title:Vagabond
Author:Inoue Takehiko { Creator of Slam Dunk } 
Genre(s): Action, Adult, Drama, Historical, Martial Arts, Seinen
Pages per Chapter: 34

My Opinion: This manga is one of My Favorite I mean the best, first of all I personally love Takehiko Inoue's drawings, the imagery at times is very graphic, bordering on grotesque at times. Limbs, guts, heads fly off in the heat of battle, the drawings are literally so good it's sickening. If blood is not really your thing, you might be better leaving this on the shelf.

Vagabond is not like those seinen manga.

From the beginning, Vagabond has this strange allure to it. Drawn to this manga by the promise of awesome fight scenes, [oh yes, I assure you, you will not be disappointed by the fight scenes], you find yourself hooked to this manga.

Absolutely, completely, utterly, hooked.

It starts off with a rather rude and yet beautiful jerk, depicting the scene of a battlefield in splendid watercolor. The manga just rides on from there, rising from peak to peak. The fights get better, and the character himself grows. He grows realistically, he stumbles, he falls, he falls so hard that he finds it difficult to get back onto his feet, he takes the wrong path, goes the wrong way, makes the wrong enemies, and kills the wrong people, but he gets back up, and the story continues.

It is just so completely believable, so persuasive and so artistic all at the same time that with this manga just feels so raw and yet so real.

Summary: wil this manga is Based on a Novel called "
Musashi" by Eiji Yoshikawa.

Growing up in 17th century Sengoku era Japan, Shinmen Takezou is shunned by the local villagers as a devil child due to his wild and violent nature. Running away from home with a fellow boy at age 17, Takezou joins the Toyotomi army to fight the Tokugawa clan at the battle of Sekigahara. However, the Tokugawa win a crushing victory, leading to nearly three hundred years of Shogunate rule. Takezou and his friend manage to survive the battle, and afterwards swear to do great things with their lives. But after their paths separate, Takezou becomes a wanted criminal, and must change his name and his nature in order to escape an ignoble death. 

Spoiler:

I highly Recommend you reading it :D
It's Worth it  
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/UDZAMV
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 12:45 pm

Wow,seems heavy and depressing,it's not like i'm not into this kind of stuff but they take some energy out of you :P
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
UniqueDazZzle

UniqueDazZzle

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:08 pm

[Manga] Vagabond Review  2503060381
Back to top Go down
BakaTunaENP

BakaTunaENP

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeSun Jun 30, 2013 10:54 pm

seems interesting .. i ll put it on my list ! :)

[Manga] Vagabond Review  2413969258 
Back to top Go down
UniqueDazZzle

UniqueDazZzle

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeMon Jul 01, 2013 2:25 pm

Hope You Like It :D
Back to top Go down
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeMon Sep 02, 2013 4:37 pm

I'm almost in the end of this manga and i've got to say its really good. Not a big fan of the way he draws the faces of females(cannot even distinguish who is otsu,oko and whoever other woman xD ) but the drawings during the fight scenes are on another level...Not my favourite but still a really awesome manga cause samurai were always my favourite feature of japan
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
GhostPrince

GhostPrince

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeWed Sep 04, 2013 12:51 am

haterz!, actually he is one of the best comic artists I've found so far, (even though his style is much different from the classic manga, I love it), his drawings are epic and the plot is awesome in vagabond. Actually Inoue is my 2nd favorite (the first is Urasawa)
Recommended whatevah and nice preview dazzle-san ;3
Back to top Go down
UniqueDazZzle

UniqueDazZzle

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:56 am

@Invisible-kun and Ghost-kun I'm glad that you too liked it, if you liked this I'm sure you would LOVE this one

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Manga] Vagabond Review    [Manga] Vagabond Review  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Manga] Vagabond Review
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
EllinesNakamaProductions Forums :: Other :: Anime / Mangas :: Anime / Manga Reviews-
Jump to: