EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Empty
PostSubject: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:20 pm

Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Leo3

Patrick McConlogue of the website Medium had a idea last August that involved a homeless man he had met while he was heading to work. The homeless man called Leo goes by the nickname “Journeyman” and to Patrick, he seemed a smart and driven character who had just fallen on hard times. Patrick decided to give the man something, either $100 right now that he can take away and spend however he likes, or three JavaScript books, a cheap laptop and one-hour of coding lessons a day for eight weeks.

“He told me I could have a laptop and learn how to do something and I figured it could turn into something more. It’s not like I don’t have the time to learn to do it.” – Leo

Leo took the latter option, learned to program and has been working on his own mobile app called Go Green. In the 8 weeks he has been learning to code he has become quite the popular man, being interviewed by Business Insider, Mashable and a few others, not to mentioning visiting the nearby Google NYC offices who were kind enough to let him charge his laptop there.

Leo’s story is far from over, his app is about to go public, his fame in on the rise and as far as we know, he is still actually homeless too. For more updates on Leo’s progress, there is an official Facebook page setup to keep track of him and his app.

“Life can still be good even if you’re homeless. I don’t need a million dollars to be happy.” – Leo

Thank you PSFK for providing us with this information.

Image courtesy of PSFK.

Last edited by MrPampouks on Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 2:34 pm

That is some deep stuff I read here.
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Schrod7

Schrod7

PostSubject: Re: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 13, 2013 4:23 pm

Give a man enough money to buy fish for a lifetime and everything is cool.
Kudos to Leo, he gave me some faith in humanity, which doesn't happen often at all Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. 4102550577
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jamlaks
WETRSDFHAWJCKVINOD

WETRSDFHAWJCKVINOD

PostSubject: Re: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Icon_minitimeMon Oct 14, 2013 10:41 pm

Yea that's some good stuff Patrick and Leo.
Back to top Go down
AlchemistEskimo

AlchemistEskimo

PostSubject: Re: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 15, 2013 12:48 am

This is awesome stuff~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.   Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day.
Page 1 of 1