EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu

[xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Empty
PostSubject: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:27 pm

[xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] St-ic-11 Dem photoshop skills :P

Download Link: http://www.animemusicvideos.org/members/members_videoinfo.php?v=194933
Production: Ellines Nakama Productions
Editor/s : xBerserkDrew
Anime Used: Chuunibyou, Kyoukai no Kanata + others
Song/Artist: Story of the Year-The Antidote
Contest Participating/ed: Soul's Team IC X
Description: So this is my video for St ic. I got 13th out of 36 videos in action category. Hope you all like it :D
Disclaimer:  'Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, newsreporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoroIttoryu16
Crookz

Crookz

PostSubject: Re: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:39 pm

really liked the mixed sources, I was impressed.
I just didn't like the fighting scenes mainly because they were the same fight prolonged out.

but great job and congrats on the placement (Y)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu

PostSubject: Re: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 4:46 pm

Crookz wrote:
really liked the mixed sources, I was impressed.
I just didn't like the fighting scenes mainly because they were the same fight prolonged out.

but great job and congrats on the placement (Y)

Thanks Tom and about the fights, i realized near the end that i won't have enough fighting to finish it, so i just added scenes for the sake of the 2min :P
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 5:23 pm

it was certainly good but to be honest its not my favorite video from you. Told ya its good and it is, but there are things that could have made it better had you done them better.

The video starts with rather static scenes, no big deal, but what wasn't very cool were the transitions of that bit, the fade to black looked so out of place really, and not very well built transitioning combined with static scenes gave a not very beautiful atmosphere ya know. I suggest you give transitioning of such slow parts more thoughts.

Song cut ehh wasn't that good, well its not your fault, but cuts that change the music pace should be avoided, you should focus on cutting the song @ calm bits and sticking it to another calm bit, or action with more action. Otherwise doing it like you've done it only breaks the song really.

Then starts the main thing, in which you've done really good. I love the editing here, but its a shame that major sync points were so ignored. talking about 0:33 and 0:43. I personally wouldn't waste such a huge and important sync and progression point of the video to end up with a cleaner result.

The action bit did not get to me, but I understand the focus of the video was to convey a story, but grrr such a song needs more action grrr.

1:17, weird jump really, i mean the switch from a fight to her wearing PJs and crying was not the best thing you could have done. Still nice mask! hmm maybe the shadow is too strong really, opacity should be less dominant in such shadows.

This slow part is cool, going nice! not a fan of your zooming tho. 1:27 too quick for such a calm atmosphere and you're not zooming in enough. As in there is such this irregular clear jump of camera from the 1st scene to the other. When zooming you should try being exact, that way its more beautiful. With respect to the velocity your music pace allows.

From this point to the end is all good really. Until the very very end at least. I thought the ending was uhh too underwhelming. Perhaps its the clip itself that looked a bit absurd, and the apple that comes afterward is taken from somewhere else i guess? because it doesn't fit. Lack of color correction made it like that, (also wtf apple crashes like that when hitting the floor? WTF JAPAN!? EXPLAIN THIS!) and the text that came with the apple crash wasn't really pretty if you ask me, perhaps moving to another screen with that text on the beat would have been better.

In any case. Good stuff Andrew! 3.4/5 and a more honorable place than my entry from last year xD good slave be good, i chose you well. I did indeed. But ya good luck in future works!
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu

PostSubject: Re: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:23 pm

Thank a lot for the points you gave me Gab :D I could have avoided some of them if i had the time but apparently i didn't have xD ( i did the horrible song cuts also because of this ) Also the lack of fighting scenes was a big problem during my editing so that's why it seems choppy in some parts ( yolo with the girl in pijamas xD ) So yeah i should stop doing ic's and concentrate on a serious project from now on xD
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 6:35 pm

I lived the year of 2013 on ICs lol. Not sure how else I can edit xD (so sad)
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]   [xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[xBerserkDrew] My Antidote [ST IC X]
Page 1 of 1