EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

[Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Empty
PostSubject: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 12:45 pm

DL Link : https://www.sendspace.com/file/xry335

Editors
Part 1 - DanParthenis (Shingeki no Kyogin)
Part 2 - Pieetrr (Hunter x Hunter 2011)
Part 3 - ZoroIttoryu (Toppa Tengen Gurren Lagann)
Part 4 - EnkaiHibashira (Gintama)

Audio Track
Unguided - Phoenix Down
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 2:51 pm

such description wow! I can understand the story and sacrifice in this MEP, so much hart! Hart!!

Very nice stuff guys! I felt a lot of energy coming from this MEP. Individual parts all had strong points in them, and in general the video was great.
Very happy guys. Well done for an IC and a MEP in general yo!

Now in your part Danny, I believe you showed a massive amount of both energy and improvement. The fact that you're growing more and more accustomed with the camera is honorable. The camera is a key factor when it comes to action editing (or at least the style that most of this team has adopted. Praise da lord Pieetrr (/*o*)/ <3 ).
Now what you can focus on would be your pacing. It seems like you're spending too much time thinking about the fact that the category you're doing is action, and therefore you tend to intensify everything as much as you can. Which is honorable but too much intensity becomes a negative when the song pace is slow. So in the 1st few seconds of your part you picked the right timing to change your clips, but the clips themselves had so much motion (therefore intense) You better choose calmer scenes for calmer music, so that your pace clearly jumps when the song does too.
Ohh and perhaps you should consider tuning your flashes down, as they become way too bright at some stages. Try performing a flash, make it obvious if you want but not THAAAAT obvious Lol, totally blocking the screen makes it easier to put any 2 clips together, but the successful flash is one that doesn't hide the screen completely yet still the 2 clips will work together in harmony (due to the scene selection being fine).

Mastah you already know everything positive and negative about your part Lol, so I won't say much, but yea as I told you I don't think you did bad at all. You came up with a good result but with less effort and techniques than you usually do which is totally fine yo. You don't have to kill yourself every time you feel like editing xD

Yao Andrew! your part showed so much energy (as usual hehe) scene selection was splendid, flow was spectacular yo! but again your internal sync wasn't a strong point. That was the case mainly at the beginning with the scene where the cam zooms out from the battleship, and I think I understand what the issue is here, you're focusing way too much on maintaining your suberp flow and atmosphere that you find yourself obliged to disregard the sync at some stages. Now this could be called a style, but my suggestion would be not to leave some of your scenes playing for so long (like the battleship @ the beginning) if you end the clip a bit earlier on the position of a beat you can decrease the amount of internal sync loss, and maybe also maintain your superb flow and atmosphere. But yea this will result in you basically compressing your scene selection "AT SOME STAGES" (since most of this part was superb in general and I wouldn't wish for any compression Lol) to fit 2-3-4 more clips.

Enkai u silent man u just appear without me even noticing and make your appearance in such a boss MEP, Hehe good job man! Your part flowed so good with the rest of the MEP, and your clips flowed so good with each other. My only small complaint would be the need for a larger amount of clips to move through. Your sync was mostly good since you sprinkled a few tea spoons of lights and shakes on it (what a choice of words Lol) but the clip still lacked intensity due to the small amount of clips you used. So yea I suggest that you do not change the style you followed here. As the atmosphere was very good, but try to fit more clips and that is all. Good job tho you're improving dude!

The overall score for this from me would be a clean 3/5 You guys have done good! Best of luck in the IC!
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
EnkaiHibashira

EnkaiHibashira

PostSubject: Re: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 5:06 pm

Really liked the result!Great job guys!!

995Gabber wrote:

Enkai u silent man u just appear without me even noticing and make your appearance in such a boss MEP, Hehe good job man! Your part flowed so good with the rest of the MEP, and your clips flowed so good with each other. My only small complaint would be the need for a larger amount of clips to move through. Your sync was mostly good since you sprinkled a few tea spoons of lights and shakes on it (what a choice of words Lol) but the clip still lacked intensity due to the small amount of clips you used. So yea I suggest that you do not change the style you followed here. As the atmosphere was very good, but try to fit more clips and that is all. Good job tho you're improving dude!

To be honest I kinda liked my part too :p
In some points I needed more scenes but since it was an IC I kinda rushed a lot of things that if I had more time I would probably change.Especialy towards the end where I have a couple of scenes that last too long.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/EnkaiHibashira?feature=mhee
Crookz

Crookz

PostSubject: Re: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitimeMon May 05, 2014 5:50 pm

I really enjoyed this guys good job.

dan - i could tell you put some effort into this, the camera was nice once the action started, however I was really put off by the big crossfades in the beginning (mainly the big 3d manouver gear)

pietr - part felt lazy from you, not as much cam as I like from u ;'( but was nice once the king started getting slapped about :P prob my fave part

andrew - yh I agree with gab, I felt like sync was missing, but it was dynamic enough and was an enjoyable part. good job ;3

enkai - 100% agree with what gab said, the sync was their, but when you drag on scenes it just made it feel a lot slower than the rest of the mep, but it flowed nicely, I just think you sacrificed sync for flow. but again another good part

mep was cool anikis.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
Markus Meier

Markus Meier

PostSubject: Re: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 9:04 pm

"this video does not exist"
just wanted to mention it ^^
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2014 11:35 pm

Buss! Updated the DL link. It should work now.
Might upload the video to youtube in a few days, but 1st i'll have to figure out the right pitch shift.
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)   [Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Ellines Nakama] Unguided (4/5/2014)
Page 1 of 1