EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Markus Meier

Markus Meier

[TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014) Empty
PostSubject: [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)   [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014) Icon_minitimeSat Apr 26, 2014 3:07 pm

Video:

Production: None

Editor: Markus Meier

Anime Used: Samuari Champloo, K Project, Durarara

Song: NATZure - Heaven (Outro: K - 391 - Beast Coast)

Contest Participated: None

Description: Hi there, i think this one came out as pretty good. ive tried some new things out, so please tell me what you think ;)

Other Credits: Thanks to everyone who gave me Feedback!

Disclaimer:
'Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use'

Last edited by Markus Meier on Fri May 16, 2014 6:57 pm; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : new channel)
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)   [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 9:42 pm

Yao there, you tend to make so many videos in such a short time Lol. What proteins do you take @__@ ? Jk lol, I like your potential yo!

So thing about this video is that its quite random really. Not just for the fact that its an animix, no since I do like watching this type, but the issue is the lack of dynamics throughout the entire video.

Your strong point is external sync (Synchronizing with the lyrics and vocals of the song) but your internal sync in underwhelmin (sync. with the beats and instruments) therefore your last 2 vids weren't as powerful as the 1st few. But i'm not saying that to make you feel bad Lol, no, just like last time i'm happy that you're trying out these new stuff so that you could master this style as well.

So what I suggest you focus on is either placing your clip @ where the music pace makes it feel right (synchronized with the beats) or instead of completely changing the clip at these moments you try having a clip where the character or whatever is making a certain motion that fits well with the beat. There are more ways of syncing internally, its all up to your creativity and ideas, but these are just the basic 2 most common methods.

The keying you mentioned was referring to near 0:19? and I noticed another one where you keyed the sky out. the 2nd case was fine, but in the 1st one I believe you should have adjusted the threshold parameters until you have no more dark pixels covering your clip on the layer beneath. Ya just that Lol.

Last point would be talking more about dynamics. When it comes action videos it is for the best to intensify the atmosphere as much as you can. I mean to just have some intensity. Since being more intense than the music is actually a negative.
To do that you need to gather the dynamic scenes. You see there are some clips (mostly in action/climax, moments of the anime) that contain more work from the animators than the rest. You know them from the interesting camera angle that dances around the characters, or the very cool motion that the objects in the clip are making, etc etc. Basically clips that look cooler Lol, and this is what we call "scene selection" in amv language, you need to give more thoughts to what scenes you use, and also to what scenes you put before/after, because here is where "flow" comes in the picture. The most important thing in an AMV (or at least according to me) is flow. Flow is basically the direction that all the clips are moving in. So good flow will reflect clips that work together in harmony once you place them before/after, each other.

So yea that's it for dis review Lol. Keep going! Chaw~
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
Schrod7

Schrod7

PostSubject: Re: [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)   [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014) Icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 11:41 pm

I really like how your career looks like, I believe if I started with Vegas, it would be something similar with this.
First of all, AMAZING song choice, many people would never dare a song like this. For me this is huge progress, proof that you don't need much guidance. My only recommendation is that you experiment more with scene selection and try to "make sense". Try to avoid stuff like 2:48, where he first charges in and then he is standing without the coat, because it doesn't make sense. I have come to believe sense is more important than keeping a cool scene for later, like showing the death of a character and then have him pop up -expect if it's in the story of your AMV-. Instead, put another scene inbetween, from a different or the same anime, and it will be better. Also, the scene with Celty from the first episode was very long, you should put only the juicy parts and then switch to something else.
All in all, try to make a story in your next AMV, that's my suggestion. I truly believe it will help you evolve even faster ^^
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/Jamlaks
Markus Meier

Markus Meier

PostSubject: Re: [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)   [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014) Icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 12:06 am

thank you very much for your replie^^

ive noticed that about my scene selection aswell but it always feels wrong while editing and i end up doing it again xD next time ive gotta focus! :D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)   [TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[TheGreenDude] Next Generation (26.04.2014)
Page 1 of 1