EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team

Go down 
+4
kenshiroAMV
ZoroIttoryu
Changelling
danimetalxd
8 posters

Do you like this idea?
Yes
ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Vote_lcap0%ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
No
ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Vote_lcap100%ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Vote_rcap
 100% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

AuthorMessage
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Empty
PostSubject: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 3:35 pm

So i noticed that storyline amvs aren't something most of the members in ENP are very fond of and it is sad really cause I consider them an official category of anime music videos so I just wanted to suggest an Idea I had, some of u may hate it and I apologize for that but I simple want to hear what you guys have to say about it. What if I with permission off course from the leaders made a subcategory- ENP mep team which focuses mostly on Storyline amvs. So what I mean is that this team would simply be a branch team leading off of ENP and i would lead the meps and stuff and create auditions for people who are willing and who are good enough to make Storyline amvs more original and unique with me and whoever else in ENP might be interested. We could either use the existing ENP channel or make a new one and I believe this would greatly increase our Production's size and will allow the Production to try something new and to attract more and different types of people. Anyways i'm not demanding or pushing this idea or anything like that I simply want your guys opinions.
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 3:54 pm

danimetalxd wrote:
will allow the Production to try something new
in some parallel universe asmv is considered something "new"

With that said, lolnope i'm totally against this

Last edited by 995Gabber on Mon Aug 18, 2014 10:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:00 pm

ok fair enough but it gets me a bit agitated when you call them asmv's .. my vids are amvs not asmv's, stop mixing them up.
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 4:07 pm

ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Orly
Back to top Go down
ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 7:57 pm

You have to undertsand that a story category in amvs doesn't exist and will never exist, because all amvs not matter the category can have a story behind them, when you talk about creating a category called 'story' you are insulting all the amvs that have a story and are not in this category, cause i guess you consider these story amvs to be only with quotes from anime. I know you don;t mend to insult anything but that is what you are doing xD. Im not trying to be mean just saying my opinion. Also creating a new part of enp doesn't make sense xD There is one enp there won't be another or it won't expand to pieces. Again im not trying to be mean im just stating facts.
PS: There is a category of amvs of whom you are talking about, it is called TRAILERS and they are called that way since the start of the amv community.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoroIttoryu16
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 8:10 pm

spoken like a pro
 ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team 727317512 

and odd part is that these "storyline" videos rarely have a story. Its usually about a theme (waaaaaar!!!11!!) and the only reason some people call them storyline videos is because the "S" in loosecontroi's ASMV stands for story. Yet for some reason dan likes to pretend we're talking about different things.
Its okay to like that type of inspirational videos dan. Like Andrew said we're just laying down the facts~
Back to top Go down
kenshiroAMV

kenshiroAMV

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 10:48 pm

ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team B4e
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kenshiroAMV
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:32 pm

Ok fair enough :P
Back to top Go down
ZoroIttoryu

ZoroIttoryu

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeMon Aug 18, 2014 11:40 pm

Danimetalxd wrote:
some of u may hate it and I apologize for that but I simple want to hear what you guys have to say about it.
You were already expecting it lol and i don't think we 'hate' those videos, we just don't like how stroryline/trailer ( however you want to call it lol) editors think about these amvs. I personally have nothing against those type of videos, i started as a trailer editor xD I will always like some of those videos i watched backed in the day cause they have that nostalgic feel about them. Again we are not trying to be haters Dan ( maybe Jas is  ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team 727317512 ) but we just want to guide you to the right way of thinking about amvs in general. I like trailer editors i don't think they are useless editors in the community, everything has its purpose in this world, just don't think of them as a category of 'story' editors themselves and to sum up freaking motherfucking UMIKA had made a trailer amv in her first years in the editing communtiy xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/ZoroIttoryu16
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 1:34 am

Most of Andrew's post is hit on,let me push it a little further

danimetalxd wrote:
my vids are amvs not asmv's, stop mixing them up.
What's the difference of your Instict of battle trailers to loose's World of Conflicts?Editing wise,not name wise or how the editor calls it's gender.What keeps them apart?This is hardly anything new...

In general,we kind of snob this type of videos.Viewbait for youtube editors.If only one type of amv video were to get copyright strikes from anime companies,in my opinion it should be them.A gender of amvs that taps into the anime's original material more than any other does in a negative way,you eat chewed food.In comparison to the whole editing community's projects,some might even compare them with slideshows or that the hard part is finding a god damn cool font.

Also,please people.I don't think loose's work should be considered trailers.Trailer means trailer.Whether it's about your own fictional story or for a certain anime or even for a film,it's a trailer to that.Not a project with war/sad/happy/love quotes and random war/sad/happy/love footage to go with it for 100% erect nipplets.Moreover,i have not found a single editor that does this kind of amvs and not be a youtube editor,there is definitely a reason.

I'm not huuuge on trailers but here's some examples of TRAILERS that i found on the fly.Go and watch loosecontroi's stuff to get the difference.I really think his works are kind of different from trailers and fine with stamping them as ASMVs.

(dunno whose work this is,but it's definetely a trailer)

@Andrew My lifespan got shorter by some spelling errors.

Last edited by Pieetrr on Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:59 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 2:39 am

Pieetrr wrote:

(dunno whose work this is,but it's definetely a trailer)
I have no idea about the outro and the Ae templates, but the original creator of this amv is Kon Vi Brittania
Back to top Go down
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:53 am

:/ ok I get it, I dont get how you guys cannot just accept that a lot of people out there genuinely prefer storyline amvs to normal amvs and you cant say that I haven't be original with the way I edit this style of videos. Anyways no matter what you guys say I will still consider this category as my favourite and I will keep working hard to improve it as a style and to keep trying to put my own original ideas into it until I have a completely unique and uncomparable style of amvs but still using voiceovers like I love doing. Story amvs have a lot of potential still and I personally love them more than anything. and also dw for seeming hateful or anything andrew, I see your guys opinions as valid too, I just think this whole situation is simply a matter of difference in opinions and preferences. You guys enjoy editing and watching different things to me :P btw i do geta bit offended when you guys call this style "view bait" . It isnt our fault if more non editors like quote videos more D: we didnt choose this category cause of that. Hell I didnt even know non quote videos existed when I first started editing so I never really made a concious choice I jsut edited what I loved and then when I got more involved with the community I was educated with the history of the non youtube community and learned to love normal amvs as well. :P I see this style as a way to inspited people emotionally and a way to psychologically help my viewers and that is why I love them so much. I dont tap into the original content Pere I tap into my emotions and personal experiences and try to incoorporate those to my videos, I am sorry none of you see it that way too. Anyways I dont wanna keep on at this lets just agree to disagree XD
Back to top Go down
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 3:49 pm

ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team 3831563139 I know i'm a tad harsh,but this is my opinion on the subject.I don't have anything against you as an editor or person.

danimetalxd wrote:
:/ ok I get it, I dont get how you guys cannot just accept that a lot of people out there genuinely prefer storyline amvs to normal amvs and you cant say that I haven't be original with the way I edit this style of videos.

So you don't get it.Has anyone said here,in all seriousness that you should stop editing these amvs you edit?Or to Sara?Go ahead and keep doing it.We know there are a lot of people that like this kind of amvs,maybe more than those who enjoy the true masterpieces.But that's life.However i won't accept that something inferior,editing wise,effort wise,respect wise gets a special department in enp or extra privileges anywhere.

danimetalxd wrote:
btw i do geta bit offended when you guys call this style "view bait"

Not 'guys',i did.You don't have a mass opposing you.Basically you don't have anyone opposing you,i should have changed the "We" in my post.I just stated my preference and way of thinking about this genre,i don't think anyone else has been hostile to you about the style you chose to edit in enp,you asked for this discussion to be made right now by your request.

danimetalxd wrote:
I see this style as a way to inspited people emotionally and a way to psychologically help my viewers and that is why I love them so much. I dont tap into the original content Pere I tap into my emotions and personal experiences and try to incoorporate those to my videos, I am sorry none of you see it that way too. Anyways I dont wanna keep on at this lets just agree to disagree XD

You use excellent voice acting from anime,excellent epic music from talented composers and excellent footage from anime(using only crossfades and the footage at large remains uncut and in chunks of seconds).Each one of these can give goosebumps on their own,takes a genius to put them all together and reaaally put a challenge on him to goosebump people.Everything is already done,you don't contribute in the goosebump business at all.If you deserve a bravo about the outcome it will be about you stitching it all in vegas and how cool your subtitles look.I know it might be more than that,but it could never be comparable to the effort,innovation and skill that takes crossovers or other kind of true amv masterpieces to sprung to life.

I find the gender itself not original and anti-innovative.You could edit them from WMM because it doesn't require much to do.

I believe you that you started that way because you didn't know about anything else.But everyone knows that you and everyone else that editted these kind of amvs continued partly for the huge attention they received.

So no,if it were for trailers maybe that would be considerable but i'm against making a new department of enp just for "Storyline" amvs.I personally would like to see enp evolve editing wise rather than becoming a youtube 100,000 subscribers channel via storyline amvs.A bar has been set and i look forward to members to raise it bythemselves,not having it lowered on them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
AlchemistEskimo

AlchemistEskimo

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 5:38 pm

Sounds like you just want an "asmv" studio but just want to leach of enps existing audience.
Back to top Go down
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 7:33 pm

ok peter look we completely disagree on this stuff and thats that ,and thats fine and ok sorryy if I seemed a bit attacking with my reply but still you cant say I only use cross fades :/ my videos are full with beat hitting, transitions, linking, motion masks and other stuff im not like the others who just spam crossfades not me nor sara. we put a lot of effort into them trying to edit them as much as we can so we can move away from this crossfade stereotype u guys see us for, anyways never mind forget about it .and dave what? lol why would i want to "leach" off of anything... i just thought it woulve been fun to have some other people who enjoy editing the same stuff as I doto edit with and since the golden enp rule sais no other studios I thought this would be a way of me achieving that without breaking any rules and it being beneficial to ENP. Anyways thats fine lol forget about the idea it was just a suggestion. And btw i didnt continue editing this style cause of the audience.. I enjoy editing this style much more than anything else and I see it as the best way for me to represent my emotions and who I am that is why. and also cause I personally feel like just having music with no voiceovers in the vid makes the anime in an amv disconected from the music, im not saying that is how amvs actually are im just saying how I feel when I edit so thats why I only edit mep parts mostly and occasional fulls without voiceovers cause even though I really enjoy editing with non epic music as well without voiceovers I just cant be who I am and edit at my what I see as my full current potential without voiceovers.
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeTue Aug 19, 2014 11:04 pm

danimetalxd wrote:
not me nor sara

what about the rest that you'd actually get into that "sub-studio" ?

danimetalxd wrote:
the golden enp rule sais no other studios I thought this would be a way of me achieving that without breaking any rules and it being beneficial to ENP.

Why create a "sub-studio" and not get them to audition here and if they get in, start hosting enp-meps with them? If they do have the skills and not just the "crossfade knowledge" i'm sure the rest of the team will appreciate it and accept them.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
GearSix

GearSix

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitimeThu Aug 21, 2014 3:21 am

hmmmm , not something that its needed, good idea but NOT needed according to me xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/GearSixFX
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team   ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ENP's own Official Storyline AMV Team
Page 1 of 1