EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Codecs You Will Need

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
flluxhie

flluxhie

The Codecs You Will Need Empty
PostSubject: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 10:13 am

So i saw many people troubling with codecs and stuff , so i decided to make a tutorial showing the how to install the proper codecs so they will not have any problems
I do not usually make tutorials cause i suck at it, as i tend to get off topic so,i will be keep it sort and simple.
0.(Pre installation) PAY ATTENTION TO THIS,you must un-install ALL of the codecs/programs that may contain any kind of codecs or else this will not work and everything will be messed up.
This works for me 100% ,because my system was COMPLETELY clean after a format and i do not have any problems so far.
1. Install ffdshow for h264 files 32 bit or 64 bit
2. Install xvid for avis
3. Install Haali media splitter and don't forget to check the enable avi support box The Codecs You Will Need 2ndstep
4. Install Quick time for mp4 support

That's about all the codecs you should need,at least i have those and can work smootlhy with any file.Should you follow this guide properly you will get the aforementioned results.Should you have any problems, do not hesitate to contact me!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 11:07 am

Also codecs you'll need for importing some .avi , .mp4 or .vob files that you couldn't before are :

WMV VCM codec ( can be found here : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/WMV9-VCM )
You can also try installing ffdshow for h.264 codec problems. You must enable the vfw h264 decoder in it, from the start menu->ffdshow->vfw configuration and select decoder and under codecs select h264/avc libavcodec under decoder.
The Codecs You Will Need Ffdshowh264vfw

Other alternatives (for more advanced users): - Virtualdub with the Qt plugin.
- huffyuv or Lagarith Lossless Video Codec. (they don't support support 16:9 DAR)
- Cedocida DV codec (for those who use Panasonic DV Codec for compression)
- OGG-Vorbis package (lots of good things with ogg, for sound)
Back to top Go down
flluxhie

flluxhie

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 12:42 pm

The vfw are automatically enabled during installation(except if you disable them) about the other things,i do use them but i think they are too advanced
And for real,who uses wmv?anything else i could understand....but wmv? xD
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:14 pm

not wmv as format but as codec
there are tons of wmv codec torrent episodes on the internet
Back to top Go down
flluxhie

flluxhie

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm

wow...i haven's seen a .wmv file for 2-3 years...and i'm 15 xDD all my files are .mkv .avi .mp4
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:19 pm

*sigh*
I don't like to repeat myself, I already said that the codec is for wmv codec and not the format . theres a difference between those two.
Back to top Go down
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 1:55 pm

Lethasson wrote:
Also codecs you'll need for importing some .avi , .mp4 or .vob files that you couldn't before are :

WMV VCM codec ( can be found here : http://www.videohelp.com/tools/WMV9-VCM )
You can also try installing ffdshow for h.264 codec problems. You must enable the vfw h264 decoder in it, from the start menu->ffdshow->vfw configuration and select decoder and under codecs select h264/avc libavcodec under decoder.
The Codecs You Will Need Ffdshowh264vfw

Other alternatives (for more advanced users): - Virtualdub with the Qt plugin.
- huffyuv or Lagarith Lossless Video Codec. (they don't support support 16:9 DAR)
- Cedocida DV codec (for those who use Panasonic DV Codec for compression)
- OGG-Vorbis package (lots of good things with ogg, for sound)

you just saved my day...i started converting a 100 eps of bleach in order to be able edit them...no need to do that now :yes yes : xD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
flluxhie

flluxhie

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitimeSat Jul 21, 2012 2:01 pm

ahahahahh xD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Codecs You Will Need   The Codecs You Will Need Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Codecs You Will Need
Page 1 of 1