EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
xAkinaNozomi

xAkinaNozomi

[xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015) Empty
PostSubject: [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)   [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 7:24 pm

Editor: xAkinaNozomi
Anime Used: Shigatsu wa Kimi no Uso
Song/Artist: Broken Iris - Colorful Mind
Contest Participating: Saphire AMV Contest Version 3 from DanParthenis
Description: I recommend to read it in the description on YouTube if you want. It's just way too much to post it here xD^^'.

Disclaimer: 'Copyright Disclaimer Under Section 107 of the Copyright Act 1976, allowance is made for 'fair use' for purposes such as criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, and research. Fair use is a use permitted by copyright statute that might otherwise be infringing. Non-profit, educational or personal use tips the balance in favor of fair use'
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xAkinaNozomi
danimetalxd

danimetalxd

PostSubject: Re: [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)   [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 8:04 pm

You already know my opinion on this from my comment :) , very good job and very emotional ^^
Back to top Go down
Changelling

Changelling

PostSubject: Re: [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)   [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015) Icon_minitimeSat Sep 05, 2015 8:12 pm

O hey there, good to see you dropping by again.

I liked the structure in this video. Although the way you chose to tell the story through lead to a very limited setting, and most of the video took place in the same location, but that is not a negative in my book. For a video that is a little shorter than 2min you picked a good approach to tell your story.

On the technical aspect though it fell short here and there. While your mood sync is close to superb, and your atmosphere is quite good, some of the effects withdrew from the quality of the video, and I shall elaborate on that.
The coloring done on a fair amount of clips was unfortunately done poorly, and by that I mean segments like near 0:25, where the image looks far from acceptable. I highly suggest you focus on tuning down these strong colors, and try to make the image look a little sharper.
I also couldn't help but notice the fade in/out used on multiple stages was way too quick. For example the very 1st fade in the video at 0:03 happens way too quick. I'd not only suggest you give them more time, but I also urge you to try and leave some clips without fades. At 0:03 you had a fairly nice opportunity to just do a hard-cut, and good hard-cuts are quite precious in a video.
Last point regarding effects would be the zooms. Zooms seem to be a turn on for a lot of editors, and so many of them go overboard with them. You should focus on making them weaker than that. For example the consecutive zooms near 0:58 are way too strong and should be a lot weaker to get that technique you tried right.
In the end I would just like to add a few small thoughts. While your flow is generally good, you seem to be losing momentum at stages where it would be kind of fatal to do so. Like 1:02 till 1:07, the motion becomes so strong at times and then gets immediately cut into a static clip which is a problem regarding flow. So do be careful.

All in all it is a good video, and with some experience that you gain while you edit you'll be able to do much better.
Viel Erfolg!

Back to top Go down
https://quran.com/6
xAkinaNozomi

xAkinaNozomi

PostSubject: Re: [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)   [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015) Icon_minitimeSun Sep 06, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks Dan! So glad you enjoyed it :)!

Thank you very much Gab for your long and honest criticism :). I think it's the most detailed one I ever got o.O^^.
These are definitely some good points to work on, so thanks for taking the time to take a so close look on my video, it's much appreciated!^^
Danke!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/xAkinaNozomi
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)   [xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[xAkinaNozomi] Colorful Mind (08/08/2015)
Page 1 of 1