EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Using both after effects and vegas.

Go down 
+2
Ror0noaZoRo
D1sK3wLKi33
6 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
D1sK3wLKi33

Using both after effects and vegas. Empty
PostSubject: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:43 pm

Hey guys, I have been meaning to ask for a long time now, as and editor Im using practically only vegas for editing.
I have some knowledge on After Effects but those two softwares dont seem to interact very well and sense I have seen a lot of editors using both I wanted to ask what is the flow of work in using those two?
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:47 pm

im gonna try to tell you what you should do

tell me how much free space you got in your pc
Back to top Go down
http://www.ror0noazoro.weebly.com
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:50 pm

By free space you mean the RAM or the HardDisc?
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:52 pm

hard disk
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:53 pm

Umm my total harddisk is 500gb and im using only about 30gbs of the whole harddisk.
Since this computer is only for editing I dont have much on it...
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:55 pm

D1sK3wLKi33 wrote:
Umm my total harddisk is 500gb and im using only about 30gbs of the whole harddisk.
Since this computer is only for editing I dont have much on it...

30gb??? :shock:
Where do you have your footage?? (anime episodes etc)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 5:56 pm

Haha as I said Im a returning editor so I dont have much footage on my computer right now, even if I did I would have had a lot of spare space...
The problem is not with the computer its with me, I just dont know how to combine the both to create a better video...
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:04 pm

D1sK3wLKi33 wrote:
Haha as I said Im a returning editor so I dont have much footage on my computer right now, even if I did I would have had a lot of spare space...
The problem is not with the computer its with me, I just dont know how to combine the both to create a better video...

well i am also new in AE so i can't really help you....Also i can't really understand what you mean by "work together" .Most editors work in sony vegas, and if they want to work with something in AE , they render in vegas and then import the rendered footage in AE , then they work in AE and they render and then they import the footage back in vegas....Then there are some who work only with AE but that seems too hard to me cause AE timeline sucks imo
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:06 pm

Thanks thats the answer I was looking for xD
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:16 pm

thats perfect.

so first you should understand whats happening when you import something in ae/vegas
if its compresed ae/vegas uses the codecs to decompres it so you can edit it
the best thing you should do and i started since the i cant w8 vid is ..

1.import file to AVSP
2.use any filters you need if needed to clean the footage AVSP GUIDE
3.save the script
4.import it to VDUB and find the clip you need from that episode
5.make a uncompresed file or an .avi using a lossless codec "YT video codec" is what i use
6.import to ae/vegas
7 edit.
8.render uncopressed
9.compress using Zarx264gui
vdub avsp zarx264
-------
by doing that i was able to edit without any crashed on "FULL" preview
also the "The hunt of a Deity"was a 2 min video after render it was 7 gb
and then i could go down to 40 mb without any loss of quallity.
ofc you delete the uncompressed file after that
in my case i have only 50 gb free space so i got to delete the clips i make
so i can make new ones for my new vids.

dont go and do directly what i tell you here first
try them out maybe it doesnt suit you to do all that :/
--------
pros are quallity and editing speed
cons are file sizes and that you got to do all this steps before editing
--------
but you got to consider what amv you want to do

AMV making steps are:

planing your amv
choosing the scenes that go with your idea
clean them
edit (first raw then you add everything else like effects transitions etc.)
render
beta test (simply watch for anything that wasnt visible on ae)
refining the amv
final render
------
Do i scare you know? :P
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:21 pm

Seriously you do haha!
Learning AE is a pain in the ass but what drives me is seeing your perfect editing in action!
Thanks man I really apprechiate it.
But I think that for the time being I will stick with vegas for editing until I go further with studying AE.
Really editing with AE is a real pain, cause for example with premiere which is also an adobe software I learned in a day or so haha.
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:25 pm

its not that you have to do all that but ae hates compressed files best format is .mov its also a lossless codec
otherwise you get errors glitches and so on.. i'll upload 2 pictures from the same scene to show you what you can do with avsp
editing with ae isnt any different then vegas i even find it much easier its simple that its gonna take you a while until you lern
the basics
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:29 pm

Yeah thanks, I know what you mean...
For example I know some stuff like basic camera movements, the hexagons effects wiggle all of these things that I learned from Corsair's AMV Logs...
But the things that I really want to know are those color optimizations and stuff like the boom does and all this crap xD
Back to top Go down
Ror0noaZoRo

Ror0noaZoRo

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:30 pm

nothing special man XD curves and tint...maybe some levels also..
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:34 pm

Oh thanks I mean I also really like those who use in their amvs the lyrics as a typography its cool as well xD
Oh lolz I have forgotten the most basic and must thing xD the zooms in after effects are just god like I mean they are perfect I really like them haha.
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:37 pm

Wow that scared me too xD
Back to top Go down
OwnedDaLekos

OwnedDaLekos

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:38 pm

is this A/E so good program? i mean... i was watching amv's a year or a year and half ago and i was waching everywhere (program used : sony vegas) but now i see both of them or only A/E...
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/OwnedDaLekos/400627679949615
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:40 pm

OwnedDaLekos wrote:
is this A/E so good program? i mean... i was watching amv's a year or a year and half ago and i was waching everywhere (program used : sony vegas) but now i see both of them or only A/E...

I believe that you can do miracles in AE if you have the knowledge and ideas to do so....Sony vegas just limits your imagination....

Back to top Go down
OwnedDaLekos

OwnedDaLekos

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:43 pm

nikos150 wrote:
OwnedDaLekos wrote:

I believe that you can do miracles in AE if you have the knowledge and ideas to do so....Sony vegas just limits your imagination....

:shock:
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/pages/OwnedDaLekos/400627679949615
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:44 pm

I agree but Im as an editor I truly love old school styles, xDarkBilly, gokofanatiko, FlipLSSJ those names are legends in terms of sony vegas editing xD
So yeah AE is good but I like the simpler and more basic type of editing, but thats just how I see things I guess...
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:49 pm

D1sK3wLKi33 wrote:
I agree but Im as an editor I truly love old school styles, xDarkBilly, gokofanatiko, FlipLSSJ those names are legends in terms of sony vegas editing xD
So yeah AE is good but I like the simpler and more basic type of editing, but thats just how I see things I guess...

Sinssow ,Jani713 and Narut05 , 3 of my favourites editors and also most of the "omorfo studio" editors....
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:51 pm

Yeah from Omorfo I really liked xajmar he is a beast too bad he quitted editing:\
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:52 pm

D1sK3wLKi33 wrote:
Yeah from Omorfo I really liked xajmar he is a beast too bad he quitted editing:\

sadly,as most of the old school editors... :/
Back to top Go down
D1sK3wLKi33

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:54 pm

Yeah...
Do you know aviad maybe or xokier?
Aviad Im sure you know who im talkin about but just to be sure...
Back to top Go down
MrPampouks

MrPampouks

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitimeThu May 17, 2012 6:55 pm

off topic.... just passed ZI9RQ7 in posts! AYE!!!! :troll :troll :troll :troll
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/MrPampouks
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Using both after effects and vegas.   Using both after effects and vegas. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Using both after effects and vegas.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next