EllinesNakamaProductions Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ellines Nakama Productions

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]

Go down 
+2
MrPaixtaras13
Pieetrr
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Empty
PostSubject: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 2:38 am

Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Canaan382666 Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Key_art_canaan

I decided to post some anime recommendations,considering that many members do not watch a lot of small seinen series(not that there is anything wrong with that),in case they got free time and interest in store.

Canaan is a 13 episode long seinen,so if you got free time i suggest you give it a go.If you've watched Black Lagoon and you enjoyed it,this is kind of a must.

After 2-3 re-watching sessions it rose as my 2nd favorite anime of all time,but it's surprisingly hard to define what actually brought it that high in front of my eyes out of all the anime i've watched.
But i can confidently share with you that my favorite character of all time comes from this anime, Alphard.

I am curious about what you will think of this anime,and if someone has already watched it and wishes to share his thoughts please do so,any type of opinion is fine,i've already heard some people saying that they were on the verge of puking during the first episode,not that i really understand the reason.I think the studio that produced this has some kind of connection with TYPE-MOON so i guess the quality of the show is somewhat guaranteed to be at least ok.

If you're interested,coalgirls have a pretty good BD release,here
they are even praising it by saying that "This is without a doubt the 3rd best show we have ever done."

Also i think it's pretty good as amv material,maybe some lines will be fitting for trailers,who knows.

Before i finish i want to add that,even though it only has 13 episodes,it has a high rewatch value.
Don't expect to understand everything from your first run,that is if you truly want to understand the characters of this anime.

Here's the opening and a soundtrack that i particularly enjoy.I would also like to post and an amv and because i don't want to feature/promote myself i'll post some other's work i really enjoyed [no spoilers]

Also,i'd like to you to tell me if you found this helpful and if you want more similar series recommendations.

Last edited by sgtpeterarbit on Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:25 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/sgtpeterarbit
MrPaixtaras13

MrPaixtaras13

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:10 am

Hmmmm looks cool i will watch this anime one day :P
Back to top Go down
TrafalgarLaw7

TrafalgarLaw7

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:23 am

When I first saw the pictures my mind went Black Lagoon xD. Well it seems interesting since there is a good character there (saying he is your favourite of most time shows that he is good..The same happened to me from DRRR 24 episodes but awesome characters in it)..Well the 13 episodes is a small letdown. The short animes are (most times) great but they end damn fast xD
Back to top Go down
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:28 am

Correct me if i'm wrong,but these short anime are more packed,if you get me,than your everyday shounen,their episodes are a lot heavier.

The series's end leaves an opening for a sequel,which i'd love to see coming to life,but the chances are not in favor of that happening.
Back to top Go down
TrafalgarLaw7

TrafalgarLaw7

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:30 am

sgtpeterarbit wrote:
Correct me if i'm wrong,but these short anime are more packed,if you get me,than your everyday shounen,their episodes are a lot heavier.

The series's end leaves an opening for a sequel,which i'd love to see coming to life,but the chances are not in favor of that happening.

Obviously you are right...In these short animes you can have even 2 plottwists in 1 freaking episode..and your mind goes...to nowhere..xD
Back to top Go down
Crookz

Crookz

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 am

opening looks my style.

I'll add it to the list ;)
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 am

i don't trust 13 episode animes cause most of the times they don't go like the manga and the ending is sudden so i prefer 25 episode animes...i don't mean ofcourse that all 12-13 episode animes are the same
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Nikos150?feature=mhee
Crookz

Crookz

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:36 am

nikos150 wrote:
i don't trust 13 episode animes cause most of the times they don't go like the manga and the ending is sudden so i prefer 25 episode animes...i don't mean ofcourse that all 12-13 episode animes are the same

cof cof* deadman wonderland
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/CrookzAMV
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:37 am

I'll await your opinion when you finish it Crookz,at your leisure of course.

You don't trust?You mean that they are usually crap plotwise? :/ I recommend this to you out of the piles of anime i've watched,do as you wish.It's only 13 eps after all,nothing to lose.
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:40 am

well i am watching some american shows right now (like breaking bad,how i met your mother,walking dead) but i'll have it in my list for when i ll start watching animes again. Btw the only 12 episode animes that i've watched and had a proper endig were another,angel beats and Elfen Lied
Back to top Go down
TrafalgarLaw7

TrafalgarLaw7

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:46 am

By the way...is this anime full of girls only? xD Feminist Anime lalalalala :troll :troll :troll
Back to top Go down
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:47 am

True,yuri fanbase went mad,devianart trips hurt
Back to top Go down
TrafalgarLaw7

TrafalgarLaw7

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Aug 17, 2012 3:48 am

Well devianart is full of LawXKid or LawXLuffy things...Shamefull :(

They are from Late One Piece so you do not know them..Well it was just an example..there are devianart yuri/yaoi (i think i wrote well ) things for every possible couple
Back to top Go down
InvisibleBlack

InvisibleBlack

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:03 pm

Ehum i started it yesterday night before going to sleep...i got only one thing to say...on these 4 episodes i watched i LOVED it...interesting characters,nice plot, awesome animation and generally seems a beautiful anime...I would have watched a bit more if there wasnt Alex Ich playing AP Yi in the tournament :P :o :lame:
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/TheInvisibleBlackxX
Pieetrr

Pieetrr

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 5:05 pm

TheInvisibleBlackxX wrote:
Ehum i started it yesterday night before going to sleep...i got only one thing to say...on these 4 episodes i watched i LOVED it...interesting characters,nice plot, awesome animation and generally seems a beautiful anime...I would have watched a bit more if there wasnt Alex Ich playing AP Yi in the tournament :P :o :lame:

Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Success_baby1
Back to top Go down
nikos150

nikos150

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 7:57 am

on my plan to watch list... :P (sometime)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]   Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts] Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Canaan - The land of Hope [Review no spoilers,My thoughts]
Page 1 of 1